Squirrel shooting Oregon 1919

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squirrel shooting Oregon 1919

Just got this from my mum - first time I have seen it. It's my grandad who escaped the confines of his Wesleyan schoolmaster father's Yorkshire village and went to Americe to become a railway engineer. He stayed out there, got married (& hopefully divorced or widowed!) before coming back to the UK and marrying my grandma - a schoolmistress!

It makes a change from the studio portraits, and I like the pretty hearts on his gun.

Please can someone clear it up a bit (technical term)?

Jen xx
    "I try to take one day at a time but sometimes lots of days attack me at once"

;)

Hi there
    Is there any chance you could try scanning it again at a resolution of 300 - 600 and with the scale set at 100% at least

My computer says it's at 1200 dpi but the document size is less than 1 centimeter wide

This means that the detail is lost and when enlarged for restoration it's quite pixellated

It doesn't look as if there's much detail there so a better scan will not necessarily help that much, but worth a go ?

and if you're using Photobucket, do check that the Pbucket file size option is on the maximum
    ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Hi Rachel, thank you.

I scanned it again at 600, didn't have a scale option. Got it into photobucket & changed the size to the largest screen size listed, then copied the img code.

hope that's better, please tell me if not.

Jen xx

;)

Comment

That's much better although the document size is still very small

Will have a look at it properly later today if poss ;)

I'll show you the difference

Last edited by Rachel Scand; 09-04-09, 10:50.
        ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Rachel - no rush. I don't seem to have many options on my scanner (Kodak AiO 5300) - in fact yesterday it automatically separated out 2 dark clouds from the sky of a child's drawing and insisted on saving them as separate files! How rude. :D

Wow, I see what you mean. I thought I scanned the first at 1200, so it must be the photobucket size option? Thanks again.
          Last edited by Jen Red Purple; 09-04-09, 10:53. Reason: Add last line.

Jen xx

;)

Comment

Hi Jen
            Couldn't do a great deal with it because it's so contrasty
            Here are 3 versions

Comment

Hi Rachel

Thanks very much, you are kind.

I love the coloured one; makes him seem more real (he died when mum was a baby and we only found b&w photos after Grandma died).

I will snag them all tomorrow on the other computer and thanks again.

Jen xx

;)

Comment

Working...
              X