1911 Census - New Counties added

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 Census - New Counties added

The rest of the English Counties (Northumberland, Cumberland, Westmorland), as well as the missing Gateshead data from Durham have been added.

Happy Hunting
    Jay

oh good - hopefully Wales won't be long, fingers crossed.
    Thanks for info.
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

It's exactly 3 weeks since Durham & the other 2 Yorkshire Ridings were released so with a bit of luck Wales won't be too long.

Is Merry about? I think she was waiting for Gateshead
      Jay

Comment

Thanks, Jay. Oh, why do I always find out about these things last thing at night?! Still, the Northumberland, Cumberland, Westmorland lot in my tree are OH's so they can wait till tomorrow....
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Yes, yes, yes Northumberland :D - finally found gt-granny McDonough, transcribed as Doughton

Oh no! Just gives "Ireland" as pob At least an earlier return gave Galway - I had hoped it might say county, or town.
          Well, at least it's confirmed she's still around in 1911, although widowed, so I can safely order 2 death certs now.

I've had a lot more transcription errors with Northumberland than I've had with East Yorkshire, Norfolk or anywhere else.
          Anyone else finding this?

Jay
          Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

:( I am still waiting for North Wales, I hope it won't be long.
            Lynn

Comment

Oh good, now I may find my Gateshead lot.
              Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

Same here waiting for Glamorgan.

CherryToo

Comment

I bet I'm going to have to wait until the end to find my grandfather in the Royal Navy. :(
                  Elizabeth
                  Research Interests:
                  England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
                  Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

This has meant a huge breakthrough for me - I've found my great grandmother in Northumberland (the elusive Hannah Green I've posted about several times) so now have her mother's first name and previous married name from the stepchildren of the head, and a stack of siblings. Very happy!

Comment

I've found OH's 2xg-grandmother and according to the transcript she was born in Killinchy, County Down, which could be a big breakthrough as all I had before was the county, but unfortunately I haven't managed to find any Killinchy records for her family yet.
                      KiteRunner

Comment

I don't know where you got this information, I have in the last 5 minutes looked for my Westmorland ancestors and found that they are not yet available.
                        Ken.
                        Ken. ;)

Staveley, Richardson, Maunder, Stewart.

Comment

Cumberland is definitely online because I've looked at some of them.
                          KiteRunner

Comment

Originally posted by herky View Post
                            oh good - hopefully Wales won't be long, fingers crossed.
                            Thanks for info.
                            That's what I'm waiting for, too. Not that Evans is an easy name to research in Wales. :D
                            Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

They have stated on the 1911 Census blog that the first lot of Welsh data should be available within the next 4-6 weeks.
                              Elaine

Comment

Just to confirm that Westmorland is definitely online now.
                                KiteRunner

Comment

Found my ggg granny as Mrs J Sellars :D

Will have to download that this evening

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

I keep telling myself to wait till its cheaper before I play "hunt the twiglets" but I got curious about where my (widowed by then) gt gt grannie was, and found her with her youngest daughter, who (it turns out) married in 1907, so I've now got her husband's name & another branch to follow.

and its another fairly unusual surname, and I know someone with that surname, so of course I have to see if we're connected
                                    Vicky

Comment

1911 census

Just had an email to tell me that the 1911 census for England is now complete and that, The Welsh counties will be added soon.
                                      Hope you did not already know this
                                      GWEN

Comment

That'll teach me!

Dove straight into Westmorland to find my GrGrandfather John Anderson.
                                        Only one of the right age there - has to be him! Straight to the full page, downloaded, saved....Who are all these other people...argh, that's not him!!!

Try searching under Anderson, cos I know he's there...there he is - Jack!!!:(
                                        Helen

http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...enSmithToo-296

Comment

Working...
                                        X