Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry maintenance tomorrow

I have just noticed this on on Ancestry

The Ancestry.co.uk web site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Wednesday, 8 April, from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. (GMT). During that time, some portions of the site may be unavailable. Thank you for your patience. Your Ancestry.co.uk team

I've just noticed that myslef too.

I hope they fix the workings of the 'back' button. It's been hit and miss as to whether it works since they added the new stuff
    Jeanette
    Don't interpret this smile as happiness; it's insanity! :D

Comment

I think they're doing it across the board. It says the same on the AU site.
      Tracy

Comment

thankyou for letting us know brenda xxx

Comment

Jeanette, I'd been having trouble with the back button too but I found out what was causing it :D

If you click on the little down arrow to the right of your back button you get a list of the last several pages. When it sticks its always because it has locked onto the big advert to the right of the screen - things like the 'London records, click for more'. Its a big advertising plot by Ancestry to keep you on that page till you have looked at the advert!!!!

You can get round it by clicking further down the dropdown list to a page you really had previously.

This sounds more complicated than it is!

Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
            Jeanette, I'd been having trouble with the back button too but I found out what was causing it :D

If you click on the little down arrow to the right of your back button you get a list of the last several pages. When it sticks its always because it has locked onto the big advert to the right of the screen - things like the 'London records, click for more'. Its a big advertising plot by Ancestry to keep you on that page till you have looked at the advert!!!!

You can get round it by clicking further down the dropdown list to a page you really had previously.

This sounds more complicated than it is!

Anne
            Ooh thanks for that tip Anne. It's been driving me nuts.
            Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

Brilliant Anne! Thanks ever so much I hadn't even noticed that little arrow :o
              Jeanette
              Don't interpret this smile as happiness; it's insanity! :D

Comment

For some reason the

1851 England Census
                1851 Wales Census

are showing as New records on Ancestry.co.uk so they must have updated them.

Comment

Originally posted by maggie_4_7 View Post
                  For some reason the

1851 England Census
                  1851 Wales Census

are showing as New records on Ancestry.co.uk so they must have updated them.
                  Yes
                  On part of the site it does say updated records.

Comment

Working...
                  X