1911 mystery sister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 mystery sister

Last night I used the 1911 census for the first time and I have come across a mystery person.I would be very grateful to anyone who can help me to find out more.
    The head of the household is John Campbell aged 44.He was born in Down.With him are his wife and two of his three children.
    Under these is Annie McKenna.married for 4 years,24 years old,born Liverpool and described as sister,she has three children described as a nephew and two nieces.
    As she would have been born around 1887 I tried to look for her with her parents in1891.I haven't got a sub to Ancestry,but I found who I think should be the parents,but couldn't find an Annie with them.
    The Parents of John Campbell are Alexander and Mary A.born around 1841 in Ireland if anyone wants to look.
    John Campbell's wife was born 1860 in Ireland and as far as I know her parents never came to England.
    I have not found a marriage of an Annie Campbell with a McKenna(well I have,but she would have been about nine!A bit young I think)
    will come back later.
    Fran

Fran, is it possible she is the sister of John Campbell's wife?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Just found a marriage for Patrick McKenna and Annie KIELEY Liverpool1908 .This surname means nothing to me.

Comment

Kite,I don't think her parents were ever in England.Her surname was Keleher.Could be wrong of course

Comment

Originally posted by fran View Post
          Just found a marriage for Patrick McKenna and Annie KIELEY Liverpool1908 .This surname means nothing to me.
          If you are referring to this entry from freeBMD

Marriages Sep 1908
          DEMPSEY Matilda
          DODD George
          KIELEY Annie
          MCKENNA Patrick
          MURPHY William
          Liverpool 8b 198

- according to LancsBMD Patrick McKenna married Matilda Dempsey.
          Elaine

Comment

Yes,I was referring to that entry.Thanks for putting me right.
            Fran

Comment

On Free BMD there is a James McKenna and Ann King in West Derby marriages in Sept qtr 1907. Also listed on Lancs BMD. I'm just assuming she married in Liverpool.

Couldn't find a death for a James McKenna in the Liverpool area between Sept 1907 and June 1911 though, unless he was much older than Annie.
              Last edited by LangleyValeSue; 07-04-09, 21:33.
              My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

I have found a marriage for a James McKenna and Annie Doyle in Dec 1905 and another for Patrick McKenna and Ann Earl in the same quarter.
                Sue,there is no reason to believe that ? McKenna was dead as Annie was not a widow.
                I just don't know how to proceed to find out who she was.The date of the marriage you found is about right.I suppose I would have to get the birth cert.of one of her children to find out her maiden name,but if she was a sister her surname should be Campbell and she should be on the 1891
                Fran

Comment

Yes, if you get a birth cert for one of her children it will give you her maiden name. Unfortunately the maiden name isn't shown for them on Lancashire BMD. There are a couple of possible birth registrations for the older child, Patrick, but if you look for the twins you will find the right entries for them, just be careful because one of them (Martha) has the page number mistranscribed on FreeBMD. I've sent them in a correction but it will take a while to show up. The twins are both registered Sep 1910 West Derby vol 8b p 414.
                  KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                  (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Thanks Kite,I think that is the only way I am going to have a chance of solving this.
                    Fran

Comment

Working...
                    X