Can anybody in the USA get me a cert please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anybody in the USA get me a cert please

I have tried emailing and writing but get no response I think its because I'm outside the country .
    would really appreciate it if somebody in the USA could get it for me and maybe scan it and send by email dont have to post it .
    Can fill in the form required and email it to you , and of course will pay in advance .

Val

I am not sure from where you are trying to get a cert from in the USA, but each state has its own BMD, and are not like over here in the UK where you can purchase certs back to 1837 for anybody. There is not the same freedom in the States. Most states have very strict gude lines on issuing any certs. I have been unable to purchase any certs for family members from 1850's through to the 1890's in New York State and neither can my American cousins obtain them!

I am in the process of sending some UK info to a new found American cousin of just a few days, and she is astounded at the Certs that I have. Just shows you how good are records are here in the UK and often why Americans do not have many certificates!

Janet
    Last edited by Janet; 07-04-09, 16:30.

Comment

Hi, I've had the same problem I tried ordering via Vitalchek and Ancestry but they emailed me to say you can't order them if you're outside USA through them. I'm trying to order one from Pennyslvania I emailed the place that issues them to ask if I could send an international money order but never got a reply back.
      Teresa

Comment

Thanks for your replies
        This is from Boston Suffolk Massuchusetts and I'm trying to order it from their website they have a online form to fill in so I dont see what the problem is ??? as why do they have the forms if you cannot get the certs???
        I have the name date parents names so there is nothing to look up.

Comment

Hi Val, don't know if this will help, but I have emailed my Daughter in Law, who is American, (but living here in England at the mo) to ask her what the situation is 'over there'....I will let you know her reponse.....son and DIL are moving to the States in August to live (Hmm) so we will have a good contact, as she would be abe to order them and send them over to England lol, haven't told her that yet!!!!:D...Lilly

Comment

:Dshush she may hear !!! thanks Lilly

Comment

I managed to purchase Errant Grandfather's death cert from Florida - including the family-only bit about cause of death.

I also obtained the photocopy of his application for a social security number - absolute gold-dust, because it had his signature, plus parents names as well as his own birth info (subject to his official 6-year age reduction ;) ). In fact I got that first, because that was what confirmed that I had the right man.

I've been able to get what passes for a marriage cert (a copy License and a cert that the marriage took place - but not an actual transcription with family history names, and witness names) from Tennessee and from Michigan (sadly, not the right marriage of a Leonard Bennett to a Ruth). In the former case I wrote, enclosing the various required bits of paper, and in the second case, I did, too - but that was easier, because we were visiting friends in the USA, so I gave them cash, and they wrote a check* on my behalf. (*I thought I'd better opt for US spelling since it's from a US check-book!)

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

;)so when are you visiting again then ???????????????

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                  ;)so when are you visiting again then ???????????????
                  I'd love to go back visiting again. I'm quite happy to live in England, but I cannot speak highly enough of the hospitality of our hosts in the US, and their family and friends. However, our next trip will have to be to Europe... our stocks are beginning to dwindle of Amarone, Mosel, Bergerac, Champagne, Coteau de Glânes, Rioja, Jumilla...

Christine
                  Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

well thats not good Christine , I have an aunt in the USA suppose I could try and get it sent there ??? but she is quite old and wouldnt know what to do with it ???

Comment

Working...
                    X