London Probate Office Look ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London Probate Office Look ups

I'm off to 1st Avenue House tomorrow morning and should have time for a few lookups. I'll check the thread at 8.30am - anything added after that will be too late:D

I'm hoping to head over to the LMA too so if anyone has any specific lookups they need doing I'll try and fit them in. ;)
    Sue

Hi Sue
    Thanks for the kind offer. What exactly can you find at the Probate Office? Just wondered as I have a rellie who died in 1915 & would have been interested in the contents of his will but I am not sure if that would appear there?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Joan of Archives; 06-04-09, 19:45. Reason: I meant 1915

Joanie

Comment

Thankyou for the offer Sue, could you please check for this one?

Bertha N M Badcock, died Sheffield 1943.

Comment

Hi Sue,

Thank you for your kind offer. Would it be possible to please check the following for me:

Alice Marjorie Graham (formerly Davenport, late Mammatt)

Died 21 December 1969.

Many thanks!

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Hiya Sue,

Thankyou for your kind offer, can you look for...

Florence Mabel Johnson - late Judge - formally Ansboro, died Dec 1938 in Liverpool

Much Appreciated Sue ;)
          Jacky

Comment

Originally posted by Joan of Archives View Post
            Hi Sue
            Thanks for the kind offer. What exactly can you find at the Probate Office? Just wondered as I have a rellie who died in 1911 & would have been interested in the contents of his will but I am not sure if that would appear there?

Thanks.
            Joan -

1911 should be there. I've only been once before and there's loads of large tomes to look through - roughly one a year (I think) and the book gives the bare essentials of what's in the will. If you want a full copy it costs £5 (again not sure about price!) This link in the Wiki probably explains better than me! You're looking at National Probate Calendar 1858 - to present day. http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ls_and_Probate

Tom, Tillie Mint - received your pm's all OK;)

Have made a note of others so far. Will check back tomorrow as promised
            Last edited by Sue from Southend; 06-04-09, 19:37. Reason: To add link!!
            Sue

Comment

*waves to Sue*

We must coordinate our outings!

No look-up required, just saying hallo and hope you have a lovely day. When is the next granddaughter due?

I'm going to North Kent tomorrow to see my daughter on her day off and my nephew who's on holiday and his wife and three boys (the first time I shall see the new arrival Edward).

On topic, Sue can give you the details from the probate calendar which gives the exectuor/exectutrix, details of the testator/testatrix and the amount left and usually details of where they lived. For £5 you get the whole will. It can take over an hour before you get it - especially if you order at lunchtime!
              Elizabeth
              Research Interests:
              England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
              Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Ok thanks Sue I think I understand now.

Joseph Putman died 11 Jan 1915 in Oxfordshire aged 55 approx. (I meant 1915 not 1911 in my first post!)

Thanks Sue

Joanie

Comment

Hi Sue

Can you look up Alice Jane NEWEY nee Mortlock who died in Burton on Trent on 28th March 1973

Thanks ever so much.

Comment

Thank you Sue,

John Norwood died 8 sept 1914

I found a entry in ILN for 22nd Dec, 1914 giving some details of a will but hopefully more info will come available.

Thank You

Augustus

Comment

Thank you for your kind offer.
                      probate - Benjamin Jospeh Ayre died 25/10/1917 East Ham

If you get the time at LMA could you please look up the marriage of
                      William Woodhead b1819 to Ann Whale b1825 Deptford - marriage J/A/S 1845 Lewisham

thank you
                      Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Comment

Hi Sue,

If you have time for another one, could you check this one for me?

Henry Mallet, lace manufacturer, died Spilsby, Lincs. registration district, 2nd quarter of 1911, aged 77. Next of kin should be his wife Mary Frances. Last known address: Marine Villa, Sutton-on-Sea, Lincolnshire.

Thanks very much for the kind offer!

Comment

Hi Sue

If you have time please can you have a look for

William Curry died 1/5/1860 Bishop Auckland, Co. Durham
                          John Wright died 27/7/1879 Cornforth, Co. Durham

Thanks
                          Jay

Comment

Hi Sue
                            Thanks for your kind offer. If you have time, can you please check:
                            Thomas Cox, died aged 74 on 16 April 1874, Oxfordshire (Henley-on-Thames area).

Thank you
                            Jenny

Comment

Off to catch the 9.05 train - offer now closed!

Will try to get all your requests sorted
                              Sue

Comment

Thankyou Sue, hope you find all you are looking for for yourself ;) have a good day !!
                                Jacky

Comment

Sue, I've taken "Tomorrow" out of your thread title so people who haven't seen it yet don't get too excited, hope that's o.k. with you.
                                  KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                                  (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Thanks Kite!

I've just got home - a fairly successful day although some of you are going to be disappointed:o. I'll pm all of you either this evening or tomorrow afternoon.

Must eat now - I'm starving:D
                                    Sue

Comment

Working...
                                    X