Never Give Up Hope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never Give Up Hope

About four years ago I posted some info on Curious Fox hoping to find out more about my paternal grandmother's siblings. Nothing.... until yesterday. A lovely guy e-mailed saying his MiL is a niece of my grandmother and remembers the whole family very well. He is going to fill in my "gaps" and has already e-mailed a photo of my Gran with her brothers. So cast your net wide and never give up hope. A very happy Moiramary.

'The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.' Bertrand Russel.

Well done Moiramary.
    A lucky day for you.
    If it's to be, it's up to me.
    Searching for:
    English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

Really pleased for you, there are some kind people around.

Comment

so pleased for you its wonderful when that happens good luck

Comment

yes you plant the info and sometimes it takes a long time to make contact. I had a contact from Curious Fox at Christmas from a woman whose gt gt grandmother was a sister of my gt gt grandfather. I'd posted my info at least 5 years previously.
          ~ with love from Little Nell~
          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Naturally, I can beat that!

I found (by googling) a message on Rootsweb (or was it Ancestry???) dated 1999, last year.

The email addy was defunct, so I asked the webmaster if he could forward my message. He did and I got a reply from one very happy lady - we each had half of the jigsaw and between us made a very pretty and complete picture.

OC

Comment

So pleased for you Moiramary.

I put a message on Curious Fox in Feb 2004 asking for info on my grandmother and just before last Christmas had a message from someone who had just joined that site to say his uncle knew a fair bit of the family history and would help me in my research. He told me where his uncle lived and his telephone number for me to contact him but whilst I was getting over my excitement I had another email to say the uncle had changed his mind and would I not contact him - reluctantly I agreed. The original contact did say he would try and get some info from his uncle, but to date I have still not heard from him, and still no nearer to finding where my grandmother disappeared to :-((

Jxx

Comment

I contacted a person who was looking for the same family as me in Tasmania.

I took a chance considering the email address was 7 years old.

We are now in contact regulary and his line came through my Great Great Grandfathers third wife......which I never knew he had.

So back to the family tree I went...crossed out 16 children and added possible 17.....busy boy wasn't he.

So in one week I found out my Great Great grandfather was not the child of the parents I thought he was....but infact was the illegitimate child of a distant cousin in the same family.

He had married a third time I didn't know about to his housekeeper and possible was the father of her second child .....but because of her birth not being registered I can;t prove or disprove this just yet.

I had a distant uncle married with 11 children when infact he died when he was 18 months old.

I had another relative dead at 9......only to find her in the next census married with children.

Then I was emailed by someone on ancestry to tell me my Great grandmother's father was not Francis...but Alexander.....and I had just ordered Francis's marriage certificate.

But even saying all of the above.......I LOVE doing this....and even though I have mucked up nearly ALLLLLL of my tree.....here I am still doing it.

And I love reading stories of their families on here.....especially when their brickwalls are knocked down.

So a big thank you from me to the members here who take the time to help us.

Comment

Do you know what I love about this site? It's the way people rejoice with you when things go well and do their best to get you through the sticky patches when they don't. Thank you all. Moiramary.

'The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.' Bertrand Russel.

Comment

Working...
                  X