Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the Burial Index show where Samuel was buried ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the Burial Index show where Samuel was buried ?

I have my Samuel Taylor who died on 1st April 1863 in Russell St. Hyde age 63..... Can anyone help me to locate where he may have been buried

Originally posted by colin taylor View Post
    I have my Samuel Taylor who died on 1st April 1863 in Russell St. Hyde age 63..... Can anyone help me to locate where he may have been buried
    It might if the records for that particular burial have been transcribed by the FHS.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I am not sure how it works but is the FHS the body that produces the Burial Index
      I was hoping that there may be a way of finding a burial other than trawling through all the burial records for the local churches which are probably in Manchester Archives

Comment

Colin, it is not showing on the NBI discs.
        Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine,
          Samuel Taylor is my brick wall and his death certificate helped to explain a few queries.. he was a miner but after he became deaf he worked in a hat factory... I had trouble reconciling some marriages where his children referred to him as a " Hatter " until I obtained his death cert
          Cheers
          Colin

Comment

Thank you LFT..
            It was his home address so it looks like a visit to Hyde and Manchester...

Comment

Manchester City has their burial records index on-line - there is a Samuel Taylor buried at Manchester General Cemetery, - but the date is 19 May 1863. THis index covers Manchester General, Philips Park, Southern, Blackley and Gorton cemeteries and Blackley crematorium - so at least you know where you don't need to look.

This is the website if you want to check further:

Genealogy Search

Diane
              Diane
              Sydney Australia
              Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Hmm, I have Josiah Taylor, a hatter, living in Gorton. Born Hyde 1811

Comment

Working...
                X