Ftm 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ftm 2005

Hi when i try and preview the book i have done on FTM for some reason it won't open it just saves to disk then nothing. Any ideas how i can view my book please before i print it.
    Jen

Can you find the pdf file on your PC?
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

pdf? I only have them as gedcoms from what i have saved have i saved them wrong?
      Jen

Comment

Books are saved as a pdf file, when you preview a book it saves it to disc in pdf format, usually any problems associated with preview/export problems are due to one of two reasons.

Either a damaged/corrupt driver or an incorrect setting on the default printer (known as the family tree printer).

More details and troubleshooting/resolution info can be found at

Answer
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
        My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
        My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Oh right sorry i wasn't looking on my disc file will go and have a look again now.
          Jen

Comment

Arh i don't have a disc in the drive could that be why?
            Jen

Comment

Just added a disc and saved it again but nothing is showing when i go into my E drive. Am i doing something wrong?
              Jen

Comment

When you try to preview your book what message shows up - how do you know it is saving it to disc?
                Elaine

Comment

Ok will take you step by step of what i am doing.

I have done a basic tree for my brother with about 15 people on.

1. I have a small tree with about 30 people in just to take to grandad
                  2. I click on book at the top
                  3. Open book (already been trying tot get a nice book done)
                  4. Choose what i want in the book
                  5. Then i choose to preview book it then comes up and says saving to disc.

No idea where it is going as when i check the disc nothing is there also done a search of my computer to see if it can be found but it can't.
                  Jen

Comment

I´ve just done a test run with FTM2006.
                    The file which saved to my computer was named Family Tree Maker Preview.pdf

It saved on the C Drive, under Program Files/Family Tree Maker 2006

Can you search your computer for a file with that name?

Have you got Adobe Reader installed on your machine - you will need this to view the book.
                    Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine just been adn had a look and nothing! I am getting a little confused now and thinking i am doing something wrong. Just off to get a cuppa.
                      Jen

Comment

From what you have said it looks as if you are doing it right.
                        Have you got Adobe Reader on your computer?
                        Elaine

Comment

Sorry Elaine yep i have adobe reader
                          Jen

Comment

Have you done a search for a file called Family Tree Maker Preview on your computer?
                            Elaine

Comment

Just trying to do a new book see if i can work it from there again. Fingers crossed.
                              Jen

Comment

Nope nothing again.
                                Jen

Comment

Had a look in adobe to see what i could open in there and cant find it either. Very strange. Think i am going to call it a night for tonight and hit the sack and try again tomorrow. thankyou for trying to help.
                                  Jen

Comment

It might be worth just searching for all .pdf files on the pc and see if it shows up.

It might also be due to an item in the book, if the problem occurs at teh same point each time it might be possible to work out what the item is.

Another page relating to pdf export issues on the helpcentre

Answer
                                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
                                    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
                                    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Thankyou Glen. I also have the complete Genealogy reporter so if i can't get it done on FTM i will try it on here.
                                      Thanks everyone for your help going to have another go tonight to get it sorted.
                                      Jen

Comment

Working...
                                      X