opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinions please

I have received M/C for a James Blundell, married 1926, age 22, so his birth year is 1904, his father is also called James and his occupation is forwarding clerk.

I did look at births for James but there were so many James Blundell's born that year in Lancs it was hard to choose the correct one and the one I did apply for was incorrect as his father was called Richard.

I have now looked on the 1911 census and there were 5 James Blundell births in 1904 in the West Derby district as this seems the district they all come from and I found one out of all of them with a Dad called James. But his occupation is Cotton Porter. I found the same family on the 1901 census and he is a Labourer. RG13, P:3502 F:145 P:7

Do you think I have found the right parents would someone who was a labourer change to a forwarding Clerk what do you think?
    GWEN

Does the MC have his Mothers name as well? I always find MC's useful for both parents names, if it does, check to see whether you can match both parents?

Comment

MC do not show mothers name only the fathers
      GWEN

Comment

Really? wow, we are lucky here in Oz becaue the MC's show both parents names of both parties. sorry I can't be of any futher help

Comment

I would say it seems unlikely that he went from porter and labourer to clerk, to be honest. Blundell is a very common name in Lancashire and James very common too, and of course a lot of men called James would name their son after them, so I would think it is likely to be a coincidence. If you could get an electoral roll lookup for the address on the marriage certificate for the years around 1926 then maybe you will be able to get the names of more people in the family to help with finding the right family, but also maybe the witnesses' names might help?
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I gave up on this family once and only just started looking again at it since the 1911 census came out. I agree with you Kiterunner about the occupation but wanted some other opinions. The witness names on the MC are E Blundell and H E Sankey which has not so far to helped me at all. I think I will give up again on this one.
            GWEN

Comment

Thanks John you are lucky to have mothers maiden name on the MC it would make this hobby here so much easier. Thanks anyway.
              GWEN

Comment

Working...
              X