Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I view the EULA for Microsoft Office?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I view the EULA for Microsoft Office?

I have Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 installed on my Dell Vista computer that we bought at Christmas time. We've got a Windows XP laptop that we were given second-hand and we had to have the hard disk replaced, so as we didn't have the original Office or Works disk for it, I was going to buy a new copy, but when I looked at it in the shop, it said on the box that it was licensed for use on up to 3 computers in the household. The disk for the Vista computer isn't in a box, though, just in a little packet, and of course I accepted the terms and conditions of the EULA for Microsoft Office when we first used it, but I can't remember what it said now! Is there any way I can look at it, please, anyone know? I would hate to buy another copy if we are already licensed to use it on the laptop.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Where can I read the EULA?
    The EULA is in the online help files for all Office applications. Open up one of the programs, such as Excel, and look in the Contents tab for "End User License Agreement".

More info here

Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Thanks for that link, Wendy, but I think it might be about a different version of Microsoft Office as the box in the shop says licensed for use on 3 computers.

I can't find a Contents tab! Sorry to be so rubbish - how do I find it, please?
      KiteRunner

Comment

I couldn't find a Contents Tab either, but I typed in EULA in the Help search box, and it brought up some info.
        Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Open Word
          Click the Microsoft Button - top left of screen
          Click WORD OPTIONS (bottom right of box that pops up)
          Click RESOURCES
          Click ABOUT
          Click VIEW MICROSOFT LICENSE TERMS

Is that what you are looking for?
          Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 05-04-09, 17:13.
          Elaine

Comment

Oh, I've managed to find it now - it's the OEM licence, which means we can only use it on the one computer. The retail version is a different licence. Thanks for your help, Wendy.
            KiteRunner

Comment

Thanks, Elaine - I'd just found out how to do all that when I saw your post!
              KiteRunner

Comment

Working...
              X