Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1841 census returns/ cheshire parish records ,missing names ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1841 census returns/ cheshire parish records ,missing names ?

good morning...I have info from the 1841 census regarding Thomas Anyon and his wife Elizabeth (standish) Anyon..in Neston,Cheshire...children given include Thomas b 1830 and Jane 1835.....on Cheshire records the babtisms of
    william 1822
    mary 1823
    ann 1826
    samuel 1928
    NO Thomas 1830
    NO Jane b1835
    Betsy (Elizabeth )on census is 1830 ...on cprdb is 1836(this child is definitely thomas and elizabeths..if she died and is not on the census,Betsy b 1830 is also missing on chesh parish records.)
    ...I am a little confused here ....if Jane and Thomas (and possibly Betsy)are on the census...WHY are they not registered with Cheshire parish records....does this happen ? or maybe Jane and Thomas(and Betsy) were a relations children ?...anyone out there possibly put me wise please....cheers...allan
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Allan

Not sure I understand what you mean exactly, but census records have nothing to do with parish records at all.

Relationships are not given on the 1841 census so the children could be anyone's, or could be with a relative.

How do you know the "missing" children belong to your family?

OC

Comment

good morning OC....I know you loathe this site.lol..but on csc site there are all the babtisms of Thomas and Elizabeths children...but no Thomas 1830 and no Jane 1835....yet they are with them on the 1841 census...I am just trying to confirm that I should or shouldn`t delete Thomas and Jane from my tree....I put them on because of the census ...now I`m having second thoughts....allan;)
      Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

Are Thomas and Jane still with their parents in 1851?

Not all children were baptised, lots of mine stopped bothering round about the 1830s, or they changed allegience and had the younger children baptised in nonconformist churches.

OC

Comment

Thanks..I`ll have to check 1851 census....I just presumed ALL the children would have been babtised...I couldn`t see the parents not babtising 2 of their children...could well be wrong.allan

Comment

It could just be that they were missed off the CSC site by mistake or mistranscribed, so maybe if you look at the actual PR's they will turn up?
            KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
            (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

thanks Kiterunner....I think thats the only answer....I may go to Neston in the next couple of weeks...its not that far from Liverpool...cheers...allan;)

Comment

I don't think the CSC site covers all parishes, does it? Perhaps they were baptised in a parish that isn't covered yet.

Comment

thanks Mary....but children before and after Thomas and Jane`s babtism`s are registered...all I`m trying to establish is whether Thomas and Jane are actuallY Thomas and Elizabeths children or were just living with them at the time of the census....regards...allan

Comment

Allan

I've tried off and on all day with the IGI but as soon as I enter the names it freezes on me, lol!

I spotted Elizabeth (1830) in 1851 as a servant, so that doesn't help. No sign of Jane - married? and several possibles for Thomas junior. Whose child is the grandchild with Thomas + Elizabeth senior, in 1851? (Samuel? aged a few months)

OC

Comment

The IGI doesn't really help for Jane and Thomas - there are just two submitted entries, probably guesses based on the census dates.

Comment

Working...
                      X