Help with reading a name please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with reading a name please

Can anybody read the name of Sir Henry ............. please?

I think the end is missing? Can you make it smaller? IGNORE had to move sliddy thing across... just trying to read it
    Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

Penrice... Really difficult
      Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

penrice - is he from hertfordshire?Hertfordshire Genealogy: Places: Offley, Herts
        Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Comment

I think it says Penrice Kt (i.e Knight)

I worked that out before seeing that Jules had reached the same conclusion - so, independently.

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

With a name like Penrice, you expect him to be Cornish.

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I have copied more of it, it may help put it into context and tried to make it smaller. It is a marriage licence for a John Collis and Dorcas Ealey from Castle Hedingham Essex.

Barbara

Comment

Google brings up loads on Sir Henry Penrice, father, son, grandson etc!

OC

Comment

Thanks OC, will have a google.

Thanks everybody for your help.

Barbara

Comment

Working...
                  X