Do you think this is too flimsy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think this is too flimsy...

Do you think this is too flimsy to pursue?

Trying to trace my Grandfathers family.
    I have the birth cert of my grandfather David Charles Fitzgerald bn 1905 Kensington. It names his dad as William (deceased) and mother Mary Ann Leary. His father's occupation is listed as brick carman.
    Unfortunately the marriage cert I have for David Charles is a scanned copy, and I've chopped off the father's occupation.

1901 census shows nothing for William and Mary Ann but there is a William age 30(carman on London Railway)and Mary age 20 . Children are named as 1,2,3,4. all born in London as are the parents. Can't see another William and Mary. RG13/27 page 104

1891 census has William age 23 born St Lukes (mail cart driver) and Mary An age 24. born ? (can't read it) RG12/23 page 59.

On William and Mary Ann Leary's marriage cert William is a Mail Cart Driver.

BUT do you think I've got enough to tie them to David Charles? Unfortunately there is no-one I can ask about his family or the names of his siblings.

I can trace William and his parents through the census back to 1871, but I don't want to pursue this further if it's too flimsy. I have already bought some certs but feel I'm jumping ahead of myself.
    Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Jules,
    I have sent you a PM about the 1911 census.
    Margaret

Comment

I think I've answered this for myself. Just found William Fitzgerald in Chelsea, married but alone in the house. Also found a Mary A Fitzgerald and son William in another house, married. So I guess there are few options for William and Mary in 1901. Which means I might have the wrong William going back.... oh my head hurts!!
      Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

Working...
      X