McAfee???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McAfee???

McAfee is on my Computer I haven't used it but today clicked on the icon bottom right of page just to look very wary as I don think it is free but clicked onto check for Virus and it is now scanning oh dear have I done something I shouldent have done ?

Granabella

Granabella, is it a new computer? Maybe you have a free trial of McAfee included with it? I had 3 months free trial on this one. It certainly can't do any harm to run the virus scan, although it may make things go slowly while it is actually running.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
      Granabella, is it a new computer? Maybe you have a free trial of McAfee included with it? I had 3 months free trial on this one. It certainly can't do any harm to run the virus scan, although it may make things go slowly while it is actually running.
      Yes it might be but I havn't found any thing saying free for so long I think I might get rid of it as I am going to download free AVG thanks

Comment

Are you with BTinternet.com? You get it as part of the package if you are option 2, 3 or 4

Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
          Are you with BTinternet.com? You get it as part of the package if you are option 2, 3 or 4

Anne
          I have Tiscali at the moment

Comment

I had McAfee on my old Dell computer and it was included when I purchased the computer as I had asked for some sort of anit virus, wotsit thingy.

After a year the subscription ran out and had to renew each year but updates would automatically arrive as and when during any period.

Haven't bothered with my new computer though, my computer guy downloaded AVG Free 8.0 instead.
            teresa

Comment

Working...
            X