Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheshire Baptisms

Looking for baptism for
    Maud Parkin (could be Parkinson) DAVENPORT.
    Macclesfield, Cheshire,
    Born Oct 1890 so christening would be after this date.

If anybody has access to any appropriate Parish Records a look up would be appreciated

bumping up on the chance someone may have records.

Comment

Have you checked on this site for the baptism record

FamilySearch Labs

Edna

Comment

Originally posted by clematised View Post
        Have you checked on this site for the baptism record

FamilySearch Labs

Edna
        Thanks for that link Edna--but no luck there

Comment

She may not have been baptised at all, or could have been baptised at any age.
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Not really an area I know much about but a quick google found a few links which might help .

CPRdb - Version v3.3 - 7 March 2005 ( Cheshire Parish Records Database)

Society of Genealogists - England: Cheshire Resources

CHESHIRE LOOK UP EXCHANGE

Cheshire Parishes : Sutton (near Macclesfield)
            ( this should find you churches nearby to where Maud was born and for me would be a starting place to find where records were kept that I could access.)

As mentioned you could be looking years ahead....some of mine I only found recently and were baptised 15 years after they were born...some I haven't found a baptism for at all.

Good luck,

Anne

Comment

This PDF document lists the parish records held at Macclesfield library: http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/NR/rdonly...eldLibrary.pdf

Macclesfield parish records that can be ordered through the LDS family history centres: Topic details ('England, Cheshire, Macclesfield - Church records')

Macclesfield churches & chapels: Cheshire Parishes : Macclesfield
              Sarah

Comment

Thanks everyone for the links. I shall try them all,but it looks like another trip to Chester Records Office. Lets hope OH fancies a day out!!

Comment

If you wait till the 1st July you can also come to the Wirral meet.
                  If it's to be, it's up to me.
                  Searching for:
                  English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

Working...
                  X