lost family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost family

Please can anyone help i am trying to find the green family from redborn herts. a joseph green married frances ? 1800 one of their siblins was caroline green. any help would be most greatful.

Hi Joedanna,
    Do you mean that Caroline Green was the daughter of Joseph and Frances, please? Or was she Joseph's sister?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I'm off to bed now but will check back tomorrow, but just in the meantime, FamilySearch website has an entry on the IGI:
      Eliza Green baptised 15 Jul 1827 Redbourn, Hertford, parents Joseph and Frances.
      KiteRunner

Comment

I thought at first you meant Joseph and Frances Green married around 1800, but if that's when one or both of them was born, there's a family on the 1851 census as follows:

Joseph Green head 51 horsekeeper b Redburn, Herts
        Frances Green wife 41 b Shalford, Bucks
        Jane Green dau 19 b Shalford, Bucks
        Caroline Green dau 16 b Redburn, Herts
        William Green son 14 b Cobham Surrey
        George Green son 8 b Redburn, Herts

living at 14 Frederick St, St George in the East, Middlesex

You could establish Frances' maiden surname by getting George's birth cert - this one looks likely:

Births Sep 1843
        GREEN George St Albans 6 439

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
          Hi Joedanna,
          Do you mean that Caroline Green was the daughter of Joseph and Frances, please? Or was she Joseph's sister?
          Hi
          Yes Caroline was their daughter. I think she had a daughter also called Caroline Ann Renton

Comment

Hi KiteRunner
            I dont know if Joseph had any brother's or sister's.

Comment

Hi Everyone
              My sister has been to the records office in london, but cannot find the death of Joseph Groves born 1872 Freshwater Isle of Wight. Look's as if he is still wondering around. Please can anyone help to find him dead or alive.
              Thanks Joedanna

Comment

Hi Joedanna,
                Not sure which records office in London you mean, but has she searched through all the GRO death indexes and not found any Joseph Groves death of the right age? If not then it could be his death didn't make it onto the GRO indexes, or could he have died abroad? Or maybe his death wasn't registered very accurately.
                KiteRunner

Comment

Hi Kiterunner
                  The records office my sister went to was Family Records Centre‎
                  1 Myddelton Street, London, EC1R 1UW. My brother live's in Wool Bournemouth,
                  he has also visited the records office that end and no luck. As far as i know he died on the isle of wight. Between 1904-1950. (Thanks for your reply joe)

Comment

Have you looked for him on the 1911 census?
                    KiteRunner

Comment

Working...
                    X