Place name in Austria Sussif ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Place name in Austria Sussif ??

is there anywhere I can find out if a place called Sussif probably in Austria existed during the 1800s

Nothing coming up on Austrian sites and it doesn't sound German. Are you sure about the spelling?

Comment

hi Mary thats the problem no this is for a new family member I have found and she doesnt know much, she is not sure its Austria either

Comment

Where did she find the name? If it's handwritten, she's probably misread it.

Comment

I dont know will have to ring her I think ,thanks Mary for trying.

Comment

Any chance of an image of the place-name?

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Hi Christine I am going to ring her and see where she got it from thanks very much

Comment

keep in mind val, that is it was correct, the town could have been in a part of europe that is consistant with town name changes. the town might not be known by that name today.

Comment

Of course, if she found it on the census, it's probably Sussex

Comment

lol Mary and kyle yes I was thinking that too as some of mine came from Towns that no longer exist?

Comment

well, the towns probably exist val, they are probably just known by a different name nowdays.

Comment

going to be hard finding out isnt it ???? I wonder if there is a web site for that

Comment

did you ever find out where the info came from?

Comment

not yet no will do today

Comment

Working...
                            X