Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please.

Hello,

I would be really grateful if someone could improve a wedding photo of my Mum & Dad, married 1937, please. My sister found it, and it is the only one I have.

My only problem is, as a new member, how to insert it in the thred.

Many thanks,
    Dalavon.

Hello Devalon and welcome to FTF
    I assume you've scanned it but if not then here are some scanning instructions

Then you need to use a 'host' website, such as Photobucket

How to Use Photobucket - Family Tree Forum
    ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

scan and save to your documents,go to photobucket,press upload it will go to search look in your documents click on the picture then when its in photo bucket,left click the botom row under picture then right click and click copy.come back on her and paste ....hey presto.brenda xxxx

Comment

Thank you

Hello,

Thank you both for your advice - here goes with my first effort!

Here's hoping!!

Dal.

Comment

Hurrah.

Well, I managed the upload - now would anyone be able to improve it please?

Many thanks,

Comment

I've managed to lighten it a bit, but perhaps the experts can do more to it.

Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Dalavon View Post
              Hello,

Thank you both for your advice - here goes with my first effort!

Here's hoping!!

Dal.
              Well done ~~~ BUT ~~~ would it be possible for you to scan it at a higher resolution ?
              It's quite small which means that detail is lost

This is what it looks like enlarged ~ as you can see, it's very pixellated and lacking detail.

A higher resolution scan (300 - 600) would make it clearer ~ see scanning instructions.

Also, when you upload to Photobucket do make sure you have the Pbucket file size set at the maximum

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your efforts - my sister, who lives about 150 miles away from me, has the photo, so she scanned it and then emailed it to me. I will speak to her as soon as I can, and ask her to scan it again at the correct resolution. I'll then upload it again.

Once again, thanks for your help so far,

Comment

Working...
                X