Death or Marriage Cert??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death or Marriage Cert??

John Joseph Connolly, b1851, birth reg in Manchester.

On tracing him forward, I found a marriage to Margaret Hannah Nabb in 1877 in Salford.

I have also found a death in 1880 (Aged 28).

I am pretty certain both of these are my John but which certificate would be best to order?

Any advice welcome.

Thanks.
    Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Marriage cert will probably name his father and place him as your man. If it were me, i would get the marriage cert first.

The death cert won't be so easy to match as being for your John unless the address, occuption and informant match what you already know as fact, any mis-match in the details could put some doubt on whether it is your John or not.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Sorry Glen, I got distracted by Eastenders. Thanks for the advice.
      Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

Lynne,

It all depends on what you want for your tree, and the sorts of things you like to have.

Are you likely to ever get his marriage cert from the PRs then you don't have to spend £7 on it.

On the other hand, if you went straight for the death it might not be him as I am sure you are aware it is a name prone to mistranscription.

One of my lines is Connelly, which causes no ends of problems!

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

i sent for a marriage certificate and both fathers were missing nothing,not deceased or anything so it didnt help me brenda xxx

Comment

Working...
          X