Births in Ontario Canada.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Births in Ontario Canada.

I have a family who emigrated to Canada in 1873. They had four children born in Ontario. Two of them appear on Ancestry in the birth records and two do not. They were all born in the years allotted to the records, so can anyone tell me why two of them are missing.

How standard is the name? How easy to mistranscribe?

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Richardson, which I didn't think was too bad for mistranscription.

Comment

Perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned the M-word here! Little Nell has a whole dictionary of oddities, and I have quite a few. Sometimes they seem to be just wilful... forgetting to change surnames between households, even when the names are clearly written, is just one bizarre census trick.

Richardson ought to be OK, but you never know!

If you can search with wildcards, it's worth a try. And putting in everything but the surname, say.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Have you tried looking on the Ontario Vital Statistics Project? It's still a work in progress but there are some Richardsons here:
          Rh_Rn_Surnames
          Jenny

Comment

Maybe they appear as Female Richardson - not named by the time of registration. I recently was digging around in one of my roots and found that 6 out of 10 children were listed that way. OR you think that he was called "George" but he was registered as "Charles George". We could not find OH' great grandmother. When she was found we discovered her first name was Jane. Good Luck
            Donelda

searching for the Berkshire Hobbises, Rowles, Staniford, Rogers, Parkers, Thackhams, Gouts, LeBouviers, Heaphys and Wilsons

Comment

Working...
            X