Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charles Death & Diana Smith

Can anyone out there help me?

I'm looking for a marriage of Charles Death and Diana Smith.

From the information I have from the census records they would have been married circa 1830. I have no idea where Charles was born as he doesn't seem to want to be part of the census process but, Diana was born in Oxfordshire (NK? whatever that means!) around 1813.

Charles' occupation in 1844 and 1847 is given as a Boot and Shoe Maker in both Cambridge in 1844 and Norwich in 1847.

They had 6 children between 1833 and 1847 that I can find whose places of birth vary between Ipswich and Cambridge.

I can't seem find Charles on any census returns but Diana appears on the 1851 with the 6 children but no Charles!

David

Did they have a daughter called Sophia?
    Found on the IGI;

Sophia Death
    Christening 14 JUL 1839 Long Melford, Suffolk, England
    Parents Charles Death and Diana.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Glen,

Thanks for coming back to me.

Yes, Sophia or Sophy was the middle child of 6, Thomas, Rachael, Maomy (Naomi), Sophia, Lazarus and my GG Grandfather Joseph.

I think I've found Diana or Dinah as it's spelt on the Census record of 1871 in Gas Lane, St Andrew the Less, Cambridge. Joseph and Mary Ann (Loates) met and lived there, so I can only assume that it's her.

David

Comment

Have you discounted these in 1841?

- Ancestry.com.au
        Pam

Comment

Originally posted by DavidGreenall110 View Post
          Diana was born in Oxfordshire (NK? whatever that means!) around 1813.
          NK = Not Known.
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I had a look on freereg, there are quite a few records in the Death surname around the Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Suffolk area but nothing specific for a Charles amongst the current records that have been transcribed.

If Diana is from Oxfordshire (and if the marriage was in the county) then freereg doesn't as yet have anything transcribed so it won't appear there for a while yet.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

That seems to be the problem that I'm hitting at every turn, there's no record on the IGI Index, Ancestry or FMP. It's too early for FreeBMD and to add to the confusion I've no idea when or where they were married.

David

Comment

Always worth popping back to freereg from time to time though, if anything is going to appear online then it is likely to be there. There are regular updates and the coverage page gives an idea of what work is underway for each county and parish.

There is a lot of Norfolk stuff on there you won't find on many other sites.

FreeREG - Search UK Parish Register Indices

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

I know, that's where I found Josephs Baptism as there's no Brith Record for him.

It's a great reference site.

David

Comment

Working...
                  X