i have found through mandy another definet rellie i need help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have found through mandy another definet rellie i need help please

its a child of george and ruth holdermarried 1879 they lived in hunslet leeds yorkshire,there children i have are francis matilda 1880,alfred 1882,edgar orlando 1889,everald amy 1891,clarice ivey 1895,eileen 19?? but the new one that has cropped up in this family is edith 1887.can anyone find her with this family she must be inbetween edgar and gertrude...thankyou brenda xxx

She's not with her parents in 1891.

I can't find anyone to fit in another household, listed as something other than daughter.

Also I can't see a likely birth registration in the right area.

Is she supposed to have lived to adulthood?

Comment

And I can't find her in 1901 either!

Comment

It appears you have my Great Grandmothers sister in you family line. My great grand mother was Edith Holder 1887 and her sister was Gertrude 1889.
        merry this is what i got this morning brenda xxx

Comment

Um, not found her yet, but according to Yorkshire BMD Edgar Orlando was born in 1886, not 1889, and on FreeBMD he is listed as Oct-Dec 1886. So if Edith was born in 1887 I would think it was quite late in the year!
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Bren, have you got Gertrude in your tree?
            KiteRunner

Comment

merry a couple of these children emmigrated as adults to canada,but she still would have been born here brenda xxx

Comment

There are no female Holders born in Hunslet district between the births of Edgar and Gertrude.

Where did you get the information from, Bren??

Comment

I wonder if there could be two Gertrudes, maybe, yours and the one who was Edith's sister?
                  KiteRunner

Comment

Originally posted by brenmac View Post
                    It appears you have my Great Grandmothers sister in you family line. My great grand mother was Edith Holder 1887 and her sister was Gertrude 1889.
                    merry this is what i got this morning brenda xxx
                    I would ask your contact if he/she knows Gertrude's middle name and what happened to their Gertrude?

Probably a different family - there are quite a few Gertrude Holder births around that time but only yours is Gertrude Ruth!

Comment

Oh yes, there are two Gertrude Holders aged 12 on the 1901 and the "other" one is born Knottingley but is with her grandparents - and there is an Edith age 14 born Knottingley with parents William and Annie. Maybe that's who your contact is talking about?
                      KiteRunner

Comment

And on the 1891 William and Annie Holder of Knottingley have daughters Edith and Gertrude with them.
                        KiteRunner

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
                          Oh yes, there are two Gertrude Holders aged 12 on the 1901 and the "other" one is born Knottingley but is with her grandparents - and there is an Edith age 14 born Knottingley with parents William and Annie. Maybe that's who your contact is talking about?
                          If Kite turns out to be right, this is the "other" Gertrude:

Births Sep 1888
                          HOLDER Gertrude Pontefract 9c 100

and this is yours:

Births Jun 1889
                          Holder Gertrude Ruth Hunslet 9b 281

and this is their Edith:

Births Dec 1886
                          Holder Edith Pontefract 9c 97

Comment

Bren, have you got Gertrude in your tree?
                            yes born gertrude ruth 1889 hunslet brenda xxx

Comment

merry i have gertrude born1889 so is this edith george and ruth brenda xxx

Comment

Originally posted by brenmac View Post
                                merry i have gertrude born1889 so is this edith george and ruth brenda xxx
                                No!! I don't think she is.

Comment

why do you think that merry?who were her parents?brenda xxx

Comment

i see her parents what a shame i was so excited never mind thankyou so much brenda xxx

Comment

Working...
                                    X