arthur evans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arthur evans

Hi i am looking for my great grandfather arthur evans born in liverpool in about 1894 he married rose hollingworth in 1920 in chelsea london, thay had my grandad arthur james evans in 1921 in garston liverpool. arthur died in 1924. on the 1911 cenus arthur was living with a family of dixon's he is down as adpted son! what i am looking for is were in liverpool was arthur born and who are his perants. his marrage cert says his father is edward evans but we are unable to match an arthur and edward evans together any were thanks for any help dizzy

What occupation does the marriage cert give for Edward Evans, please?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

And can you give us all the details from the 1911 census, please?
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Have you found the Dixon family in 1901?

Why can't I find him in the 1911 census index?

Comment

Hi arthur's marrage cert just says that edward had died by the time arthur married.
          this is the info on the 1911 cenus

robert dixon head aged 39 dock labur
          mary e dixon wife aged 34
          robert edward dixon son aged 12
          gordon dixon son aged 4
          nellie dixon daughter aged 9 months
          eliza francis mother in law aged 58
          arthur eavens (evans) adopted son aged 18 bakers asstent born liverpool lancashire
          the address was 6 belmont street garston liverpool
          the same address is on arthur's marrage cert to so we know he was living there till 1920
          thanks for your help dizz

Comment

Where was the 12 year-old Robert Dixon born, please?

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
              Where was the 12 year-old Robert Dixon born, please?
              Don't worry, I've found the Dixon's in 1901 now (mo-in-law is there too!) but no Arthur.

Comment

The Dixon's were at Garston, Wavertee, district 25, in 1901 and in district 27 of the same area is Arthur Evans aged 8 in the infectious diseases hospital, born Garston.

I don't have time to post the refs now, but he's easy to find.

Comment

hi thanks i have looked at that one ty and not sure if its my arthur evans or not i have also been told that ether arthur's mother or sister ran a sweet shop on st mary's road garston would be intrested to find out more info on that to thanks again dizz

Comment

Originally posted by fizzydizzy View Post
                    hi thanks i have looked at that one ty and not sure if its my arthur evans or not i have also been told that ether arthur's mother or sister ran a sweet shop on st mary's road garston would be intrested to find out more info on that to thanks again dizz
                    I wasn't suggesting he was the one, just a possible , but there is an Edward in Garston on the previous census. You would need to see if you could work out what happened to Edward and his family.

Comment

Edward and Emily Evans who are in Garston in 1891 look unlikely to be the parents of Arthur as Edward is still alive in 1911 so probably unlikely to have given up a child. There's no obvious death for him in West Derby before 1921.

Comment

thanks well look in to edward again dizz

Comment

i have looked in to edward and emaily before with no evandence that thay were arthurs perants the 1911 census was not out at the time i looked in to them and i have filed them in my possable's thanks i can now rule them out! arthur is quite a mytry thanks again for your help dizz

Comment

would any one have a clue on how to find out who ran the sweet shop on st mary road garston ?? thanks dizz

Comment

Originally posted by fizzydizzy View Post
                              would any one have a clue on how to find out who ran the sweet shop on st mary road garston ?? thanks dizz
                              At what date?

Comment

i would say as i have the info from an older lady we would be talking about 1920's sorry i cant tell you an more than that

Comment

You would need to access Trade Directories for the period which would be available via the local library in Garston (I woud think)

Comment

thats what i thought to another queston i have is how would i be able to find out about rose's life after arthur died i know she was in serves after the death would there be records if so were would i find them as i am wondering if it's possable the shop was run by her emplyers and this lady has it all wrong thanks dizz

Comment

It's going to be very difficult to trace the life of someone called Rose Evans in the late 1920's onwards.

Do you know when she died or if she remarried?

Comment

she remarryed an bill davey in the 1930's i do have the dates for that marrage somewere i do know it was domestic service in garston my grandfarther did saggest she was an housekeeper after arthur died in 1924. my grandfather did till me of one nice family that would let rose take him to work with her. the other family's were not as nice and rose had to drag grandad to school even if he was ill as you were not alowed to have a child with you quite sad i have allways thought would love to know more about rose's life as a single mother bring her son up at that time if that is possable thanks dizz

Comment

Working...
                                        X