Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yet ANOTHER puter problem

been having a few lately lol.

every now and then the puter goes mad and opens browser after browserafterbrowserbrowserafterbrowserbrowserafter browserbrowserafterbrowser. The number of browsers open at the bottom of the screen just goes up and up. the only way to stop it is switch off the power and keep clicking the cross.

Why does it go mad?????
    Thanks
    Rose

It's happened to me before on this computer (Vista), too, Rose. I don't know what causes it, but I managed to stop it by doing CTRL-ALT-DEL and starting up the task manager, and stopping iexplore (I think it was). It hasn't done it to me recently (fingers crossed) but when it did, it was only on certain sites - IMDB was one of them and I know there are pop-ups on there. I found it strange because the Google toolbar pop-up blocker I had on my Windows ME computer managed to block those popups yet super Vista with its own popup blocker and the Google one as well couldn't manage to.

But like I said, it hasn't happened to me recently, so perhaps one of the recent Windows updates has fixed it? Are you up to date with those?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

yes, our windows updates are up to date. We are on XP. I will try the "3 fingured salute" next time and see if it works. I've a feeling it tends to happen when I close Faceache. Although that won't be the only site as it happens to OH as well and he never goes on faceache. Will make a point of looking next time.

Thanks Kate
      Rose

Comment

Working...
      X