• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!!

Hoping someone can help me.
    I had a Trojen/Virus on my computer,
    Run the virus cleaner, Spybot, Adaware, etc thought I had it cleaned up:(
    now it wonn't let me on, it starts up but as soon as I click on my name it just logs off.
    I have tried Safe mode, Debugging mode and last known working thingy.
    Any suggestions

If you have access to another computer try downloading one of the CD boot cleaners and make a CD and boot your poorly computer on it

FREE Bootable AntiVirus Rescue CDs Download List
    Jane
    Family Historian User Group : My Family History : My Photography
    "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Comment

Thank you
      Have downloaded a rescue disc, I am off work tomorrow so will have a go and let you know how it goes.
      Fingers crossed

Comment

tried the disc (OH watching football)will not boot from CD
        just logs on as usual then loggs straight off again:(

Comment

Did you go into the BIOS and tell it to try the CD before booting from the hard disk?

A lot of machines don't boot from the CD by default
          Jane
          Family Historian User Group : My Family History : My Photography
          "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Comment

hi cannot get into bios, at least there is no sign of the words "Bios" on the page:(

Comment

can you get the internet,i beleive microft have means to clean it,is it called a patch brenda xxx

Comment

jackdaw, you may find this helpful. If you can get to the BIOS, you need to go to the Boot Sequence section and tell it to boot from the CD first.
                Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

To get into the bios, you probably need to press either ESC or DEL when you boot your computer. (At least, that's what my technical guy told me, and ESC worked with my computer.)

Comment

Here's some more detailed information:

Unable To Access Bios - Tech Support Forum

The information below can be used to access the BIOS from all the major suppliers of BIOS chips and the Computer Manufacturers that use them. During the initial boot of a computer the BIOS supplier wi
                    Last edited by Mary from Italy; 05-04-09, 13:16.

Comment

Hi all sorry to take so long replying
                      I managed to get to the bios - changed the option to load from CD, still no luck, sound like the drive is working but nothing happens
                      It will not even boot from original CD, looks like a visit to the local computer shop, hope he knows what he is doing and will not charge the earth :(

Comment

Sorry been busy or I would of posted at the start, lets hope you have not got to pc repair shop.

what you can do is take the hard drive out of the computer and put it in another computer as a slave, then your be able to access the drive and delete the virus or trojan.

Comment

Originally posted by Britec View Post
                          Sorry been busy or I would of posted at the start, lets hope you have not got to pc repair shop.

what you can do is take the hard drive out of the computer and put it in another computer as a slave, then your be able to access the drive and delete the virus or trojan.
                          I took it to be repaired yesterday - Tuesday - They said it was completely corrupted by a virus:(
                          I am now 50 pounds poorer)
                          Dont think I would have been brave enough to take the hard drive out, but no good anyway as other computer is a laptop.
                          I told a friend I would like to learn more about the innards of these infernal machines and he has given me a computer an old HP, he said the motherboard was US,
                          Is this hard to replace??

Comment

Hi Jackdaw sorry mate could of saved you £50
                            and as for the motherboard you can replace them with a new one, is it a intel P4? or AMD? cpu

Comment

Not sure what it is, how can I tell ? I have mine written down but cannot get the details on this one as cannot start it up.

Comment

bear in mind with HP pc's if you change the motherboard for one which isn't identical there is a 99.9% chance that the HP supplied recovery media will not work, so you would need to factor in the cost of a copy of windows as well as that of the motherboard...
                                https://squeakerslair.wordpress.com

Comment

Good old microsoft, no wonder there so rich, anyway to make a buck out of you they will, you replace your motherboard and you need a new windows cd key :D

Comment

Working...
                                  X