Workhouse Infirmary any ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workhouse Infirmary any ideas

Would anyone know if it would be possible to get records from a workhouse infirmary in 3 Raine street St George in the East during 1923 and 1924
    Thanks

These records for the workhouse at that address are held at the LMA:

Holdings include: Guardians' minutes (1836-1924); Committee minutes (1907-17); Staff records (1876-1926); Admissions and discharges (1811-43, 1854-56); etc.

Not sure that the "etc" at the end is very helpful!!

Info from here:

Workhouse - the Story of Workhouses

Comment

oh thanks Merry as I didnt have the name of it wasnt sure what to google for .
      thanks a lot

Comment

I cant find anything for that address Merry , where did you see it please ?

Comment

I emailed peter at the workhouse site as they are trying to get together a list of the workhouses which were only known by an address to save the stigma attached to them, and he has answered me already to say this was known as the St George in The East Workhouse infirmary

Comment

They have Raine St Workhouse and St George in the East Infirmary discharges and admisions on Ancestry.

Raine Street Workhouse: Admission and Discharge Register 1872-1874
            St George in the East Infirmary: Admission and Discharge Register 1912 - 1923

So not a wide range yet. But yes they are at the LMA.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
              I cant find anything for that address Merry , where did you see it please ?
              I typed Raine Street into the search box and it was the second item on the result list. Sorry, I hadn't realised the link is to the main page!

Comment

thanks to you both ,they seem to end in 1923 and I want 1924 ??? but luckily somebody on here has offered to look for him at the LMA .

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                  thanks to you both ,they seem to end in 1923 and I want 1924 ??? but luckily somebody on here has offered to look for him at the LMA .
                  That's typical though isn't it.

One year out! :(

Doesn't it make you mad!

Comment

Working...
                  X