I have a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a

Death certificate and would love for someone to make out what the cause of death was...how would i go about just putting that info on here ?

I think the easiest way is to put the image on photobucket and then copy and paste it onto here. That's the way I do it anyway, don't know any other way.
    Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

Instructions here:

How to Use Photobucket - Family Tree Forum

Comment

If you can scan it in and then use Microsoft Paint or something similar to pick out just the bit you want help with, save it as a small image file on your computer, then you may be able to upload it as an attachment to your post on here without bothering with photobucket or anything - when you post a reply there is a paperclip you can click on to add attachments (if you are typing your reply in the "Quick Reply" box then you will need to click on "Go Advanced" to get the paperclip). The size limits for attachments are quite small though.
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Thanks i had a brain block for a min !!
          However...it says the doc is too big ?

Comment

Are you trying to attach the whole file or just the bit that you can't read? If it's just a bit of it then if you try saving it as a different format maybe it will come out small enough - I'll just check what the limits are...
            KiteRunner

Comment

.bmp and .jpeg - 19.5 KB, width 620, height 280
              .gif - and .jpg - 97.7KB, width 620, height 280
              .png - 48.8 KB, width 620, height 280

If you can't get it small enough, then if you can save it as a PDF or .doc or .docx then the limits are much higher.
              KiteRunner

Comment

Comment

Carcinoma of bronchus Certified by V S Skancia rajah MB.

(lung cancer)
                  KiteRunner

Comment

I read it as
                    Carcinoma of bronchus

(cancer of the bronchus - one of 2 airway tubes leading from the throat to the lungs.)

Jay
                    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Looks like carcinoma of bronchus to me. Is that a form of lung cancer? Craig

Comment

bless you both...many thanks..

Comment

Craig yes it is ...fits in with what we were told..

Comment

Silly question...

what happens to the records once someone dies...is it ever possible to view them ?

Comment

Sorry for my inaccurate explanation! Janet's right, it's not exactly lung cancer.
                              KiteRunner

Comment

Originally posted by chich View Post
                                Silly question...

what happens to the records once someone dies...is it ever possible to view them ?

Do you mean the medical records?
                                KiteRunner

Comment

Yes ...sorry

Comment

Might be worth looking at this:
                                    The National Archives | Search the archives | Hospital Records Database | Welcome
                                    KiteRunner

Comment

Working...
                                    X