Stillbirths ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stillbirths ?

Can anyone tell me from what year they would start to have been registed...

I think the Stillbirth Register started in 1927.
    Elaine

Comment

i think they started in the 20 century.
      and i think only close relations can access them.

Comment

Thanks both of you...

next question....where and how would i get the information from....

Comment

However, stillbirths are often entered in cemetery burial registers, so if you know where the burial's likely to have taken place, you can try there.

Comment

isn't there a stillbirth register?

Comment

Stillbirth - Family Tree Forum

Comment

The only people who can get information from the still birth register is the parent's of the child, and if they have both died it is only any siblings.

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Stillbirth register can only be accessed by the parents of the stillborn, or, if they are both deceased, then any siblings of that child. (Eldest first, I suspect, but don't know)

OC

Comment

You can apply to the GRO for copies of stillbirth certificates but the application can only be made by the mother or father, providing they are named on the certificate. If the parents are deceased than application can be made by a sibling of the stillborn child, providing they can provide details of the parent's death.
                    Elaine

Comment

excellent thanks its for my cousin and it was her sibling...many thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X