Hassell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hassell

Isabella Hassell (Hassall) was born in Manchester in 1869, to George and Alice. she appears on the 1871 and 1881 census with her family. she then disappears and I can't find a likely marriage or death to date. her father remarried in 1889 and she is not with him or her sister. has anyone got this lady in their tree or on any records?

There's a death on Freebmd (Jun Q 1888) for an Isabella Jane Haswell aged 19 in Chester Le Street
    ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Hiya Curly...on free bmd her birth is given as
      Isabella Hassall (not hassell)....manchester 8d 153 mar qtr 1869.....
      there`s ONE possible marriage but it would make Isabella 44 yrs of age..
      Isabella Hassall to ?? Venables 1913 dec qtr in Bolton 8c 602.....let me check on lancsbmd...if I don`t reply in 5 mins it means the marriage is not on Lancsbmd....good luck...allan;)

OK Curly...if you go to www.lancashirebmd.org.uk 1913 marriage of CHARLES VENABLES to Isabella Hassall in St Catherines church HORWICH...registered Bolton Ref No 39/1/76 .....there`s only 2 marriages for Isabella Hassall on freebmd...and the other is in 1933 in Runcorn....so...the Venables / Hassall marriage is a possibility....YOU`LL have to decide whether to follow it up....lol...it`s never simple is it...anyway...good luck....allan
      Last edited by garstonite; 31-03-09, 11:46.
      Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
      oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
      adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
      merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
      coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

i think rachel might be right.

Comment

It looks as though the Venables / Hassall couple were having children up to 1921 so perhaps not your Isabella.
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
            i think rachel might be right.
            But there are a lot of Isabella Haswells being born including in Chester le Street...............

Comment

hi, thanks for these suggestions. the name Hassell - Hassall was interchangeable for a while in the 1800's so I do have to check both. Isabella Hasse(a)ll is not a common name so you would think I would be easily able to find her. having said that Hassell is a name transcribers seem to struggle with!! I had seen that Venables marriage although am not too comfortable with it being her at this stage. I had checked and the children of the Venables/Hassall marriage seem to be born Congleton rather than Bolton. there is a Charles Venables in Congleton in 1911 but he is 24 which although still possible does rather make Isabella a bit of a cradle snatcher! at the moment I am waiting on the marriage certs for two of her sisters Sarah Elizabeth and Mary Alice to verify their married names to look for them on the census. the other sister Amelia has her family and her brother Thomas and my direct ancestor (by then a widower) and his family with her, no Isabella. I can't find a possible Isabella Venables dying in Free BMD. thanks for your replies,

Comment

Working...
              X