• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another census lookup please

A bit vague again i'm afraid

All i have to work with is a marriage,

George Ellis & Elizabeth GOULSON 15 may 1852, Newark St Mary

I'm wondering if Elizabeth could be c1823 and born at Knipton.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Is this any good? Its not Newark or 1823 though
    1861 Chesterfield RG9/2527 page 38

George Ellis Age 33 bn Bakewell
    Elizth Age 27 bn Stretton, Derbyshire

with children Henry 10
    james 8
    john 5
    William 3
    Edward 1

I'll keep looking...
    Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

Thanks Jules

I suppose it's a possible, not having the details makes it hard to know who and where, i'm slowly finding the family groups moving around a bit within the East Midlands, some names/records fit together without a problem, others just raise more questions:(

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

I can't find much at all for George and Elizabeth.
        Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

Another one to add to the "cert needed" list.:(

Entry #328, Mrg cert reqq;

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

I have found Elizabeth Goulson 1851 census born 1824 Leicestershire, can't make out the place except it starts Bel, google brought up Belvoir with is really close to Knipton.

she is the sister of Valentine Goulson. HO107/2105 pages 12 and 13. Any use?

**EDIT** I can confirm it is Belvoir.

I know you probably want 1861 onwards but it's a start I hope???
            Last edited by JulesSmith; 30-03-09, 15:34.
            Jules

Comment

Originally posted by Glen in Tinsel Knickers View Post
              Another one to add to the "cert needed" list.:(

Entry #328, Mrg cert reqq;
              yeah I know that one!! My list is as long as my arm. I've asked my sister for money for my birthday, any amount in multiples of £7 LOL
              Jules

Comment

Originally posted by JulesSmith View Post
                I have found Elizabeth Goulson 1851 census born 1824 Leicestershire, can't make out the place except it starts Bel, google brought up Belvoir with is really close to Knipton.

she is the sister of Valentine Goulson. HO107/2105 pages 12 and 13. Any use?

**EDIT** I can confirm it is Belvoir.

I know you probably want 1861 onwards but it's a start I hope???
                Aha

Just looking through my census refs i have that one, if i remember Ancestry claim pob as Betorn or similiar. Residence in Lincoln (St Swithins?).

In the '41 she is at Lowestoft ,HO107/1030/6, Registration district: Mutford
                Sub-registration district: Lowestoft, noted with her sister and B-I-L.

My fault for not quoting the earlier stuff, nothing for her after 1851, there are only two marriages in the bmd, both in Newark, the one in 1852 and also one in 1854, that 2nd one to a Henry Wileman is an Elizabeth c1828 born Marston, Lincs.

The only surefire way to check the 1852 is probably to get the cert and see who the daddy is.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Working...
                X