X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recovery d

Yet another problem..........

Only 1% free space and turned red!!!!!!

Just defragmented and off loaded files etc, but still nothing changed.

Any help out there please??
    Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Jen, is it your recovery disk that is saying it only has 1% free space or your main disk? I would assume your main disk but just wondering because of your thread title?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Hi Kate, good morning.

I am presuming so Kate, I am constantly getting a message saying that the last backup failed and when I go into computer, the recovery bar has now gone red and there is 0%.
      It always says that the waste bin needs emptying, which it doesn't as I am constantly on top of that.

DIL managed to correct it for me the last time but, even she cannot remember what she did at the time. We went through everything again last night but nothing has changed.

I'm on DIL's lappie at the moment so I'm going to log off and come back on mine. I may have to ring Dell and find out whats going on.
      Jen

Comment

Back on my laptop Kate.

Message I'm getting is 'You are running out of space on Redovery D, choose which files you wish to clean up.

I think I've done all I can there, got rid of temp files, done a disk clean up and a defrag, yet the backups keep failing.
        Jen

Comment

Sorry, Jen, I don't know what you do when that happens.
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Thanks for the reply Kate, I'm stumped now, think Dell is the best answer.
            Jen

Comment

Recovery D: will be a small partition for recovery files in case your pc gets corrupted and you use this to restore your drive back to a factory default.

You should not be putting files on this partition or deleting files on this partition, seems to me you may of filled up your recovery drive?

Comment

Thanks Brian, its such a headache, trying to figure out how to correct it.

Recovery drive is full Brian, what can I do to regain some space........apart from the obvious, offloading files, degrag and disk cleanup etc, which I've already done?
                Last edited by Jen~Ealogy; 30-03-09, 15:48.
                Jen

Comment

Hi Jen

What sort of files do you have in drive D: ?
                  You should only have recovery files in there nothing else

Comment

Hi Brian,

I have my laptop files in there (don't ask me how they got there).
                    Also windows file, as well as recovery file.

I checked to see if I could move them but I'm not getting the option, so will I need to delete them?
                    Jen

Comment

YEHHHHHHHHH..............I've done it Brian, solved my problem.

It was my laptop file............every time I had gone in there previously it wouldn't let me open it...........and what with everything getting me so stressed out I must have missed trying to deleete this one. Because it was always telling me that the file was empty and there were no bytes...........so I ignored it obviously.

Just went in to delete as it wouldnt let me open and a message came up saying that 'this file has to be deleted as it was too big for the recycle bin'

Its freed everything up and I now how 90% disk space once again Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!

Perseverence paid off!
                      Jen

Comment

Well done Jen, Its best not to use that drive, its really only for the recovery

Comment

Think I found that out the hard way Brian (no pun intended lol!)
                          Jen

Comment

Jen I just re-read this and had the same problem have deleted that now and have lots of space like you
                            But how do I stop it happening again ?????????????

Comment

Val, I'm not sure how to stop it permanently so I just go in there regularly to keep an eye on things.
                              Jen

Comment

Working...
                              X