Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logging off and AOL ...............

Headlines.

When I try and log off from AOL it refuses to allow me and I have to close down laptop completely. Also, on home page the headline box is totally blank.

How can I resolve these problems please?
    Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Hi Jen

Sometimes i have a similiar problem as aol seems to "hang" and the sign off screen doesn't display the stay on, sign off, exit aol options.

Usually i just close aol down completely (the only drawback being the history is lost but i only use the aol browser, i just can't get on with the IE or Firefox layouts) and run a disc cleanup before logging back in again.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Thanks Glen......don't know what AOL's probs are these days..........it was all so simple once!!! Hm, sounds like a song coming on lol! I'm assuming the disc cleanup helps then Glen?

Think I may give Dell a ring tomorrow, see if they can sort a few things out for me.
      Jen

Comment

Originally posted by Jen~Ealogy View Post
        Thanks Glen......don't know what AOL's probs are these days..........it was all so simple once!!! Hm, sounds like a song coming on lol! I'm assuming the disc cleanup helps then Glen?

Think I may give Dell a ring tomorrow, see if they can sort a few things out for me.
        Sorry Jen

I missed your post.

The disc cleanup sems to help but a lot depends if my local internet cafe is still running, (part of the yoof club too :() they only have three pc's but use AOL and are a bit closer to the exchange than me.

The big Bebo hours from about 5 till 9pm can make my surfing so slow you would think the phoneline was string attached to bean tins.
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
        My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
        My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

I noticed that too on my home laptop Glen, defo between 5 & 8 pm, hoplesss trying to get anything done.
          I went so far as to put myself to some expense as we were all getting so frustrated. I bought a new ethernet cable, discovered it wasn't down to that, then discovered (after phoning AOL) that the modem we were on was well out of date........no longer issued to users. But instead of offering me a new replacement, she suggested I order one from their stock...........D..m cheek!
          Purchased one from PC world to spite them, and since had no trouble getting a connection at all...........only problem is now its got me on it wont let me off.....without closing down completely..............still reckon I'd rather have this prob than no connection at all.
          Jen

Comment

Working...
          X