This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why , u-tube???

Why can I no view u-tube I have downloaded the latest Java and adobe like its saying and have made sure old ones were deleted 1st , done re-starts after downloading them and messed about in general ,,,,yet I still cannot view them and I use to be able to ????
    thank you for any help in advance as this is doing my head in now;;;;
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Babs -
    There has been some kinda dispute between the music industry and You Tube in this country. You can watch some things - but NOT official music videos made by bands.

Maybe that's the problem?
    Just Mandy

"They certainly broke the mould when they made me!"

Comment

Babs, are you getting an error message when you try to view a movie, and if so, what message? And are you using Internet Explorer or Firefox?

As far as I know, it is Flash Player that you need to view movies on YouTube. I used to sometimes get a problem on my old computer if it was low on memory and couldn't load Flash Player.
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Thanks lasses no it was when I was trying to view Brians restore photo threads , I used to be able to see them ok when he started to put them onsite but then this last couple days havnt been able to ;;
        the message Im getting at the top of u-tube page is download adobe flashplayer which I have done about 4 times now or you may have Java switched of, which I havnt altered anything so re downloaded Java but if I put in the run part java or flash player it says cannot be found;;;

Comment

This is the message I get at top of the page ;;

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

Also I use IE and vista have done for over yr now when I got it new , and not out of memory or anything
          Last edited by borobabs; 29-03-09, 18:09.

Comment

Can you go into Tools - Internet Options - Advanced - Settings and scroll down to the Java section and make sure the box for it is ticked, Babs?
            KiteRunner

Comment

Kite sorry took so long to reply had company , I have looked in there and Jave isnt mentionedthe only thing I have noticed is it does not allow programs to download if sig is not known , but I used to have jave already and havnt altered anything

Comment

Originally posted by borobabs View Post
                This is the message I get at top of the page ;;

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

I had a problem updating Adobe Flash player and found that I had to uninstall the old version before the new one would install.
                Christine in Portugal

Comment

Christine that would be easy but carnt find version on my add remove programs to remove, and even if I write it in the run part of start it is not there ????

Comment

Babs, you have to download an uninstaller - I'll just see if I can find it...
                    KiteRunner

Comment

Here it is:How to uninstall the Adobe Flash Player plug-in and ActiveX control
                      KiteRunner

Comment

Right says thats done will try once more to install it now and do re boot ;;;oh the joys of computers ;;;

Comment

Oh Kite thank you thank you thank you , yes thats worked ,,,what a carry on thats been doing my head in for days wondering why I all of a sudden couldnt view u-tube ;;
                          happy bunny now (((hugs)))

Comment

Glad that sorted it, Babs.
                            KiteRunner

Comment

Phew so am I Kite thanks again dear ,,,will view Brians threads as soon as I have time now ;;;lol

Comment

Pleased you've got it sorted Babs.

I didn't remember having to download the uninstaller, sorry.

This new version is in my programme list but don't know whether the previous one was or not.
                                Christine in Portugal

Comment

Working...
                                X