Making a flyer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a flyer.

My husband lost his job a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't unexpected as he worked for a large development company and there isn't much development at the moment.

We are moving to another town as we have a house there so he is going to try to start up a business there. He's never had trouble doing that here in Brisbane but there are nearly 2 million people here compared with 3,000 in the new town.

I'm trying to make a flyer for a letterbox drop for his business. He is a building designer (draftsman) designing houses and renos, etc.

I want a B5 (half A4) size, and would like to put some sort of drawing (which he can do) on it.

I have Word 2003 in Office, and have looked at the templates but can't find what I'm after.

Does anyone know if there is a site which will have copyright free ideas I can use, otherwise I might go back to doing it bit by bit and sticky taping it together to copy.

Thanks.

Hi Libby,
    Do you have Publisher at all? I used to do all my leaflets etc on that. I think you can also use Powerpoint to create a brochure. Not done any on word so can't help you on that but I'm sure someone here will have done so.
    There is no absolute truth - and no final answer.

Comment

Microsoft have several templates for you to download. make sure you get one that is compatable with your version of Word.

Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Libby
        Have a look at these, there might be something useful
        Regards
        L

free flyer templates - a8, a7, a6, a5, a4, a3, a2, a1, business cards home ::
        Free Flyer Templates for Download

Comment

Thanks all..............

I do have Publisher as part of Office. I must admit this is the first time I've done anything like this on the computer so it is all trial and error......

L.......................I'll look at those, thanks.

Wendy...I did go to the templates for Word (presume they are the same for all Office, but I'll try that link)

Thanks.

********I think I was happier with scissors, crayons and glue...lol******

Comment

You'll find that Publisher is very easy to use and I've done a lot with it. The best bit is that pictures or clip-art stay where you put them!

Comment

Was bored so knocked this up in 10 mins in photoshop.
              only something simple, but should give you a idea.

Comment

Sorry Brian.......I've been away from the computer.

I can't see it, but would love to have a look.

Comment

Can you see it now if not I give you a link to download it

Comment

Sorry, still can't. I'm clicking on the little red "x".

Comment

Heres the link to download it, if you want the psd file let me know.

Comment

Have pm'd you, Brian.

Comment

your need this to open it

Comment

Thank you......thank you.....thank you.....

Comment

let me know if you want the photoshop psd file and this will let you edit the file or I can do that for you if you give me the details you want on the flyer

Comment

I don't have photoshop.....I was going to try to add the details in Picassa?????

Is there a free version of photoshop???? It's something I've always wanted.

I did download GIMP but for the life of me, I can't work it out......lol

Comment

Forgot to tell you......OH loves it as well as he draws freehand and the drawing board is the same as his.

Well done...

Comment

Well I dont mind if he likes the flyer tell him to think of some details to add to it a stuff like email, phone number, web address, some text for the bullet points and maybe company name and i will add it to flyer for him if he wants then he only has to print it out, its up to you. I don't mind doing it for free.

Comment

Thank you, Brian....................

Don't know if there's anything I can do for you, but if you come across any Aussie family, let me know if you want photos of anything...

I'll ask him to put something together.

Comment

I have family in sidney australia. Just post me details in private message and I will add them for you ok, I don't mind helping you out.

Comment

Working...
                                        X