ellen maria oakes/archibald McKenzie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ellen maria oakes/archibald McKenzie

good morning...this is for my `cousin` in Santa Fe....Ellen Maria Oakes was born in Garston in 1875....she married Archibald McKenzie in St Michaels church ,Garston in 1901...Ref No 2072WD/2/400.....then she seems to disappear....she had a child in 1896 William Edward Oakes .this is my `cousins` grandfather..we have the birth certificate but No Father on the certificate....I would like to know where Ellen and Archibald went and if they had any children....any advice please ??....
    no births from 1911 with MMN on freebmd.....allan;)
    Last edited by garstonite; 29-03-09, 10:23.
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

They are together in 1911:

Archibald Mc Kenzie aged 40 (he's in Garston in 1901 aged 30)
    Ellen Maria McKenzie aged 36

Living in Oldham registration district.

No Mc Kenzie children with them.

Comment

There are two Oakes in the house though.......

Willliam Edward b 1897 and Elsie b 1910.

As you know who William is, I'll just try and work out the relationship for Elsie.

Comment

Just checked my tree....NO ELSIE in it...lol...so who is Elsie......allan:o
        added...there`s an Elsie Oakes b 1909 registered Toxteh Park Liverpool on Lancs bmd...?
        Last edited by garstonite; 29-03-09, 10:54.
        Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

That's wierd. When I entered "daughter" in the relationship to head box I expected her to disappear from the results, but she didn't!

More wierd, you would think this was her:

Births Dec 1909
          McKenzie Elsie Oldham 8d 668

so why is she listed as an Oakes?

Oh, I guess because she is recorded after William - He is an Oakes and so maybe it's not clear on the census form that Elsie isn't.

Comment

brilliant Merry....so do you think that its possible this is William Edwards step sister and should be McKenzie....if so,it would be worth getting her birth cert ?...what`s your view on this ??....allan

Comment

you`re a star Merry......I`ve just been on Lancashirebmd and Elsie McKenzie born 1909 royton district Oldham gives Mothers Maiden Name as OAKES....What a result.....now I need to see if I can find a Marriage for Elsie McKenzie in Royton,Oldham area about 1925-35.....I`ll e-mail my `cousin` in Santa Fe with the good news...He`ll be delighted....thanks very much again Merry....I wish I had your brains...you`re wonderful...lol...allan;););)

Comment

lol Allan!

Don't forget she may not have married in Oldham and there are quite a lot of marriages for her name.

If your contact gets her birth cert the date of birth may enable you to cross reference possible married surnames with the death records, as after 1969 her date of birth should be quoted at death and there's a good chance she died after that.

Comment

And don't forget, she may not have married at all! lol

Comment

so...I`ve found a marriage for Elsie M McKenzie in 1929 to George E Neale....
                    IN GARSTON ...(none in Oldham area)....is this our Elsie or Archibalds sister/neice....how frustrating....allan:D:D
                    and found a birth for Elsie May Mckenzie in garston 1909....thats bad news...lol...allan
                    Last edited by garstonite; 29-03-09, 11:55.

Comment

Originally posted by garstonite View Post
                      so...I`ve found a marriage for Elsie M McKenzie in 1929 to George E Neale....
                      IN GARSTON ...(none in Oldham area)....is this our Elsie or Archibalds sister/neice....how frustrating....allan:D:D
                      and found a birth for Elsie May Mckenzie in garston 1909....thats bad news...lol...allan

There are several Elsie M McKenzies being born so I would expect that marriage to belong to one of those.

As you don't know where she lived (not everyone stays in the same place!!) you need the birth cert for her dob. If you are lucky she will have lived until after 1983 and you will be able to look for deaths with a matching date of birth and might be able to tie in a marriage. Otherwise just buying marriage certs that might be her could be a fruitless and expensive exercise. Especially if she didn't marry!! lol

Comment

Working...
                      X