"intuitive" searching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "intuitive" searching

not sure what the term is. When you have typed something into, say, google, the next time you type the first letter it gives you a list of everything you have previously typed starting with that letter ... blimey, hope you see what I mean lol.

Anyway, we have done something which has switched it off. Any idea how to swtich it on again please?
    Rose

Have you cleared your temp files and cookies recently - not sure if that would affect it?
    Elaine

Comment

I've noticed that Rose. I want to get rid of my lists, but not sure how.
      Stella passed away December 2014

Comment

clearing cookies doesn't affect it Elaine. OH clears them regularly and that's when we use the intuitive thingy. Like on here, I put "R" in user name and it suggests Rosie Knees. Only it doesn't !
        Rose

Comment

Just asked number one son and he says www.google.com/preferences
          scroll down to "query suggestions" and select provide or do not provide query suggestions then click save preferences.
          If this doesn't work you will have to open a google account and try again,
          he says it worked for him,
          good luck
          cybergran

Comment

Thanks for that Cybergran - done it. Thanks to your son.
            Stella passed away December 2014

Comment

Rosie, if you're using Internet Explorer then it is called Autocomplete. Tools - Internet Options - Content - Autocomplete, click on Settings. Make sure the boxes are ticked. If you have actually deleted the autocomplete history then I don't think you can get it back, but you would be able to start building it again. Hopefully all you did was turn the option off and you can turn it on again by ticking those boxes.
              KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
              (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

thank you cybergran and Kate.

Will give it a go.
                Rose

Comment

I think the google suggestions thing is a feature where google makes suggestions based on what other people have searched for, not taken from your own search history.
                  KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                  (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Well, it's not the autocomplete as we've ticket the boxes on that. I think it is something to do with Virgin's PC Guard. I may have changed the settings somewhere to clear cookies every time we log off. Can't find it now though.

*ooops*
                    Rose

Comment

Working...
                    X