Re married ? How to find out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re married ? How to find out.

Can any one please suggest how I could find out if someone remarried. Magdalene Peterkin married Richard Henry Richards in April 1924 in Radford Nottingham.They had a son Ronald in 1925 in Garforth Leeds West. Between 1925 and 1946 they were divorced. I have tried to find a death notice of Magdalene but under the name of Richards I could not find anything. Magdaline was born about 1896. Many thanks for any help, rosieloo.

You'd have to trawl the marriage index. She should be under her married name, but may be under her maiden name if they divorced.
    Tracy

Comment

Hi Rosie.....she may have re-married in September Qtr 1925 in Bridgend ....
      Ref No 11a 1748
      Magdalene J Richards to (no christian name) Morgan..on Freebmd....so if you look for Morgan/Richards births registered Bridgend you may come up with more children...6 possible births...
      doesn`t look like your Magdalene but you should check it out for yourself satisfaction...
      the only possible birth I can find for Magdalene is
      NINA Magdalene Peterkin b Dec Qtr 1895 in Liverpool..registered at Toxteth Park Ref No 8b 165..on freebmd
      ref No TP/376/42 on www.lancashirebmd.org.uk..is this her ??...the only(nina) Magdalene Peterkin on record.allan;)
      Last edited by garstonite; 29-03-09, 06:57.
      Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
      oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
      adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
      merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
      coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Allan, I think you will find Nina Magdalene died soon after her birth.

I think that potential remarriage is a bit soon after the original one and is probably a first marriage for this woman:

Births Mar 1906
        Richards Magdalene Jane Cardiff 11a 395

as there's a death with a date of birth that fits:

Death Reg:
        Magdalene Jane Morgan
        dob: 20 Nov 1905
        Death Registration May 1987
        District: Bournemouth
        Volume: 23
        Page: 47

Comment

Assuming she remarried and assuming she stayed in Yorkshire and assuming she died between 1984-2005 there are these possibilities on Ancestry's transcribed deaths

Magdaline May Hoare birth 6 Jul 1896 death reg Dec 1985 age 89 Pontefract Yorkshire

Esther Magdalene Wormald 2 Feb 1896 Oct 1985 89 Wakefield Yorkshire

But of course she may have died outside those dates, or moved from Yorkshire, or not remarried.
          ~ with love from Little Nell~
          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Working...
          X