Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could some kind person please check 1841 census image please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could some kind person please check 1841 census image please.

I very excitingly recieved today from Debcyg a copy of a marriage cert for my possible 3 x Gt Grandfather Henry Clifton (bapt 1803 Studham Herts) from 1846. He is a widower and this is his second marriage. Shows his father as Charles a Carrier.
    I have found 3 possible Charles Cliftons in 1841 but I do not have a sub at the moment to look at image.

The most likely one is Charles Clifton 1776 residence Huntingdon

but there is also one residing Kent 1781

and Warwick 1777

I am hoping that the occupation will match whats on marriage cert so would be very grateful if someone could take a look and let me know if this is the case many thanks.

Hi, I've done a check........here's what I found

The most likely one is Charles Clifton 1776 residence Huntingdon - Ag Lab

but there is also one residing Kent 1781 - Tailor

and Warwick 1777 - Independent

Comment

Thankyou Susan no real answer there yet then although Carrier is not that much of a leap maybe.

Comment

Forgot to mention, the 'independant' was said to be from 'foreign parts'

Comment

thankyou again thats interesting there is som mention of cliftons from abroad.

Comment

And he has a 20 year old with him, she's Catherine Clifton (dau maybe?) And a two year old, Frances Barlow neither born in county. They arestaying in what appears to be a big house (10 servants) The head of house is William Wood (perfumer).

Comment

Working...
            X