Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheapest ancestry?

Hello,
    Back in the UK after 3 mts. and wondering which is the cheapest ancestry at the moment. Is it still Oz or are there any offers going about?
    Many thanks
    Jeanie
    If it's to be, it's up to me.
    Searching for:
    English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

The OZ site is now offering two packages for UK records plus the world package so it looks to be going the same way as the UK site.

The "subscribe" page details two packages with annual prices as shown below,

the $179.40 package called UK Heritage;
    "Over 800 million names from Australia, the UK and Ireland for one low cost. Covering all essential collections, it's a great package for those new to family history or who just want to research their British, Aussie or Irish roots."

A new $215.40 package called UK Heritage plus
    2Want more? Get all the great collections from the UK Heritage package, plus get access to 400 years of London history from the vaults of the London Metropolitan Archives"

$215=approx £104

You would need to check exactly what is in each package and compare that to the UK versions (Essentials at £83.40 and premium at £107.40), bearing in mind the confusion over prices with the new LMA records now coming online, by the looks of it ancestry are setting the prices at similiar rates across all their sites.
    Last edited by Glen in Tinsel Knickers; 27-03-09, 15:02.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Many thanks Glen.
      Should have taken them up on their 20% discount they offered when I finished in November!!
      Searching for:
      English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanie with one n. View Post
        Many thanks Glen.
        Should have taken them up on their 20% discount they offered when I finished in November!!
        You should have taken the 50% discount in Feb via the OZ site, it gave the uk premium package for £43

Your best bet right now is probably via Quidco unkless you can use a library that has access.

Ancestry.com is a tad more than .uk and .au by the look of it but it's only a few pence between them.
        Last edited by Glen in Tinsel Knickers; 27-03-09, 15:27.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Just got my statement Glen ..... joined 2nd Feb ... it wasn't taken out of my account until 9th march £41. 54.

Thankyou very much for the information.

Jean
          Jean....the mist is starting to clear

Comment

Originally posted by Jean and Tonic View Post
            Just got my statement Glen ..... joined 2nd Feb ... it wasn't taken out of my account until 9th march £41. 54.

Thankyou very much for the information.

Jean

Jeanie will probably be delighted

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Have just tried to phone then to see if I can get the discount and an English voice says it's closed!!
              My memory was that it, the phone number, took you through to the USA.
              Near miss on the oz site. Whoops.
              Will have a look at Quidco though know nothing about them.
              Many thanks.
              Searching for:

Comment

Have just been given the 20% discount so have the premium for £85.92.
                Nearly did not try to get it so well pleased that I did.
                Was offered the discount in '07 because of some payment card problem.
                Did not renew in '08 because of all the irritation re connection service and going away for 11 weeks.
                So yippee!! Family history/One name study back on track
                Searching for:

Comment

Working...
                X