X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• query is ancestry down

Is anyone else having prob with ancestry , I am unable to access search

Jebbo:(

Jebbett, Jebson, Goodman, White, Brown, Savory, Salisbury, Wheway, Hastings,
    Lenton, Perkins, Croshaw, Mallabone, Downey, Ring, Bergen, McConkey, Murphy.
    ( avatar Mum and Dad )

Was just able to log in ancestry.com.au and search family trees as per usual.
    Strange, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Sunny Kate View Post
      Was just able to log in ancestry.com.au and search family trees as per usual.
      Strange, eh?
      Hi Sunny Kate
      mmm When I click on search all i get is error message " error 500"

Jebbo

( avatar Mum and Dad )

Comment

Originally posted by jebbo View Post
        Hi Sunny Kate
        mmm When I click on search all i get is error message " error 500"

Jebbo
        same here on english records.

perth

Comment

Originally posted by perth tiger View Post
          same here on english records.

perth
          Thanks Perth Tiger , thought maybe they might be adding some new records

Jebbo

( avatar Mum and Dad )

Comment

I'm not having a problem accessing records.
            Jenny

Comment

Originally posted by jenoco View Post
              I'm not having a problem accessing records.
              Hi Jenoco
              Still getting error 500 message on ancestry.com.au site
              sent them an email message

Jebbo

( avatar Mum and Dad )

Comment

I can get in OK..........
                There is no absolute truth - and no final answer.

Comment

I could get in last night but the 'search experience' was different, both the input screen and the hits. At one point, no census records were showing up when I entered a search from the main search template, but would show up if I went directly to the census collection. I also tried to check a couple of records I'd found previously and they wouldn't show up last night.

Comment

Maybe their site is getting overloaded with people searching the LMA records (and not finding much!) because of all the publicity.
                    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

When i try to get through the England route, i get......"Please excuse the inconvenience".....but i can search other ways
                      Jacky

Comment

I think it must be me, but the LMA stuff is no help at all and what is that with workhouses? How on earth do you search them - is it a case of just trawling and trawling?

Comment

That's right, Heather, though some of them do at least have all the surnames beginning with a particular letter listed together. There's lots more to come over the next two years or so, though.
                          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Originally posted by Heather Positive Thinker View Post
                            I think it must be me, but the LMA stuff is no help at all and what is that with workhouses? How on earth do you search them - is it a case of just trawling and trawling?
                            It's not you Heather - I think we're all disappointed with this first batch of records. It can only get better, can't it? ;)
                            Sue

Comment

we can only hope.

Comment

Coming Soon!
                                Birth/baptismal & death/burial parish records and bishop’s transcripts from 1813 and onward for London parishes will be added to the databases in the coming months.
                                Elaine

Comment

will these records eventually encompass most of london?

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
                                    will these records eventually encompass most of london?
                                    They should eventually cover what was London up until 1964. Boroughs that became part of Greater London after that date will not be included (I stand to be corrected!)
                                    This link from Ancestry uk explains a bit more...

London Metropolitan Archives Historical Records - Ancestry.co.uk
                                    Sue

Comment

thanx for that, it'll be interesting to see how long it will take, and see if mine pop up!!

Comment

Still getting same error messsage this morning:(

jebbo

( avatar Mum and Dad )

Comment

Working...
                                        X