What is going on with Ancestry!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is going on with Ancestry!!!

This is my reply to my email asking why I had to upgrade to view the new Records.

"We recently split the membership so only those using the older harder to acquire records would have to pay the increased cost. Thank you for your feedback on this issue and I have passed your concern on to our site developers".
    GWEN

And in English, that means??

Comment

*throws a big spanner in the works*

HPT posted this on GR earlier this evening

Ive just rung ancestry and after a long time have been asked by the supervisor to apologise to all members with the old UK membership before the restructured subs who have been told they have to upgrade to see the new records.

This is incorrect, it was an oversight by the site developers who were unaware that those of us with subs still running when the new structure came in had been told we would have the same premium membership records until our renewal dates.

All those with the old UK sub still running will be able to see the LMA records tomorrow
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
      My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
      My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Merry I also thought and in English please and thanks Glen I will check tomorrow I did look just now but could not find the records to look at.
        GWEN

Comment

Well, Ive got them now but to be honest they have been *********** useless so far.

Comment

I cannot find the records to look at!
            GWEN

Comment

Well thanks for clearing that up Heather, I saw earlier that you said you`d emailed so decided to wait and see what you got told........ I also have the "old" sub before restructuring, so hopefully i will now get access as well, as I couldn`t earlier.....

Nicky

Comment

I was on the phone to them Nicky - check out the other LMA thread - lol, typing with one hand as they spoke to me.

They were very apologetic and said its being sorted frantically.

Comment

I had the old sub and as from this morning can see the new records.
                  Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Heather Positive Thinker View Post
                    Well, Ive got them now but to be honest they have been *********** useless so far.
                    My districts are missing, so it's been no use to me at all. Oh well, hopefully many more people will get something from it.
                    Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

Originally posted by JulesSmith View Post
                      My districts are missing, so it's been no use to me at all. Oh well, hopefully many more people will get something from it.
                      They will be adding more in time! (probably just after our subs run out!)

Comment

It says on Ancestry:

Coming Soon! Birth and baptismal parish records and bishop’s transcripts from 1813-1906 for London parishes will be added to this database in the coming months.

Coming Soon! Death and burial parish records and bishop’s transcripts from 1813 and onward for London parishes will be added to this database in the coming months.

Elaine

Comment

Ooh, that should be good.
                          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Working...
                          X