Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shropshire shrewsbury archives

Hi all

I am looking for information on a john thomas hodges who was born in 1902 in shrewsbury, his mothers name was clara hodges and she was born in 1880

any information appreciated

regards

sue

Nudge up as this has been moved over from another board, so people may not have had a chance to see it. I'm not sure that the archives would be the right place to start looking for information, to be honest, because it sounds more as though you need to get his birth certificate, or if you already have that, you would need to get Clara's birth certificate. Even if someone managed to find their baptisms at the archives, which could take a lot of searching, the baptism entries wouldn't give you as much information as a birth certificate. I'll see if I can find them on the censuses though, as that might help...
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Is this the family on the 1911 census, or am I barking up the wrong tree?
      Dudley, Staffordshire
      Mary Hodges 63
      Clara Hodges 29
      John Hodges 9
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Hi Sue,

I may be able to find something out for you but I will need a bit more information.

Do you know where Clara was in the 1901 census?
        If she was in Shrewsbury, it will help to narrow down which area to look in.
        Shrewsbury is quite a large town and has many parishes, so any added information you can provide would be a great help.

Allie
        Researching Betton, Cook/Cooke, Fallows, Howell, Jones, Lewis, Morgan, Rogers, Weston. All in Shropshire.

Richards in Denbighshire.

Comment

hodges

hello

I dont know anymore information only my grandfather came from shrewsbury and went to school there. he married or lived with a clara and they had a son john thomas also

regards

sue

Comment

Is your grandfather the one who was born in 1902? So his mother was Clara and so was his wife/partner?

I'm just guessing, as you didn't say how you were related in your original post, and so I think we presumed the mother of the 1902 child wasn't married.

Comment

shrewsbury hodges

Hello

My grandfathers wife was called susan elizabeth hodges but he was born in shrewsbury and she was born in kingswinford. yes he was born in 1902. and his mothers was clara

sue

Comment

Working...
              X