Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suffolk RO Lookups - Results

Glen

If I may take you up on your kind offer.

There is a submitted marriage on the IGI that if it is correct could solve a big mystery

All the IGI has is...

Marriage at Cowlinge in 1809
    Joseph Frost to Elizabeth Teverson

Any more detail and confirmation of the brides surname would be wonderful.
    Many, many thanks

Sorry Chris, the copies were very faint but I checked in both ROs & there was no marriage in 1809 in Cowlinge.
    Last edited by Oakum Picker; 25-03-09, 22:13.
    Glen

There is a "submitted" entry on the IGI for Ann Salter, 15 Feb 1707, "Loustofe, Suffolk", which I am assuming is Lowestoft, but it doesn't say who she married. I know the whole thing could be made up, but the date does seem quite specific (although I can't tell if it has been "corrected" for the Julian / Gregorian switch or not, so possibly the year should be 1706). I'm hoping she married a Mr Kell; if you get the chance could you have a look for me, please?
    Marriages for 1705-1712 were missing from the film as were baptisms 1707-1712. There was a seperate list titled: The names of such Dissenters children baptised to the order of the C of E are said by them to be baptised as below.
    SALTER Simon s. Thomas/Judith 3/12/1710

So it appears they were Non-Con if you don't already know.

And the other one is Farrow Salter - he got married in Great Yarmouth 22 Jan 1722 but the Great Yarmouth PR's don't say who he married! As he was "of Lowestoft", I'm hoping there might be a Lowestoft banns book which might give his bride's name, hopefully Rebecca something.
    Lowestoft doesn't hold Gt Yarmouth records but as you've already checked those it wouldn't have helped. Obviously there was nothing in the Lowestoft PRs as Banns weren't kept until 1754.

I have Farrow's parents marriage if you don't already have it.
    Last edited by Oakum Picker; 25-03-09, 22:14.
    Glen

Comment

Please could you look up the bap of John Baldry about 1793 in Horham Suffolk. I know most thing about him except this and his parents names.
      BALDRY John s. John Fisher/Rose (formerly WROTTS*) privately baptised 28/7/1793
      * Not positive about this but that is what it looked like to me.
      Last edited by Oakum Picker; 25-03-09, 22:12.
      Glen

Comment

Kat

[I]If you have time please can you look for:
        George Sporle/Spoole/Sperle/Spall
        Censuses give his birth year as 1809-1811.b IPSWICH.
        I expect him to have been born in St Peter's or St Helen's but possibly St Mary Stoke parish.
        I know his mother was Mary, a widow on censuses so I'm hoping the father will be Samuel- buried 1837 Stoke Green Baptist Church.
        Samuel was a prominent baptist and all his children have registered births at Stoke Green Baptist Church except Samuel. It doesn't give the date of the registering so don't know when Samuel became a baptist.
        George was the youngest child approx 5 years after his nearest sibling Charlotte b 1805.
        All the other siblings are on IGI so I'm hoping that George is in another register that the IGI hasn't filmed.[/I]

George was not registered at Stoke Green Baptist nor baptised 1805-1813 in Peter, Helen or Mary Stoke.

A marriage between Samuel Sporle and Mary c 1785 at St Helens or St Peters would be appreciated if you have nothing else to do LOL
        No marriage took place 1780 onward in Helen, Peter or Mary Stoke.
        Last edited by Oakum Picker; 25-03-09, 22:15.
        Glen

Comment

Please can you have a look at these

Wingfield

Robert Haggett/Haggith baptised 19/7/1812
          Sarah Haggett/Haggith buried 1/9/1812

Thanks

HAGGITH Robert s. Adonijah/Sarah (late THROWER) born 17/7/1812 privately baptised 19/7/1812.
          HAGGITH Sarah wife Adonija (late THROWER) 40 1/9/1812
          Glen

Comment

Thank you for your kind offer. Would there be any chance of looking for a burial for William JONES of Yoxford, he died on Christmas Day 1839, & was buried shortly after, around Dec 1839/Jan 1840. I would also be interested in an obituary for him if they have local papers for Yoxford there. It may come under Blythburgh/Southwold.

[U]JONES William Yoxford 48 yrs 1/1/1840

The newspapers in Lowestoft don't start until the 1850's but I found the following death notice in the Ipswich Journal - there was no obituary.

DIED
            25th inst. after a lingering illness of nearly 14 mths, Mr William JONES, of Yoxford, driver of the Shannon* coach. His death is deeply regretted by a large circle of friends & he left a widow & 11 children, totally unprovided for, to deplore their loss.

* The edge of the paper was creased but that is what it looked like to me.

This is downloadable from C19th Newspapers.
            [/U]

I would also be very interested if you could find out any information regarding a ship called the "Heart of Oak" it would have been built around 1836 in Dunwich. If there is a list of ship owners for that period it would be great if you could find the owner's name for me.

The "Heart of Oak" was registered of Southwold 1836-1854 -don't know where those records are.

The following are at Lowestoft :

"Heart of Oak" 1854-1888 of Lowestoft. It was a trader - a single-masted schooner of carval construction. It's measurements were 56.5x15.6x9.3 - I'm guessing feet but I have no idea. It was 49.72 tonnes built 1836 at Southwold.

In 1854 it was owned by John SNELL of Wangford (Timber Merchant) & George DIX of Dunwich (Merchant). It was the 33 ship registered in 1854 & the master was Robert John WINTER

John SNELL died in 1855 & his half was bought by J BICKER. It was broken up in 1888.

There are some original documents but it was too late in the day for me to order them up.
            Last edited by Oakum Picker; 25-03-09, 23:07.
            Glen

Comment

That is such a kind offer and if you are obviously going to be busy. If time allows I would like to know if the baptism of Jonathan (maybe Johnthan or otherwise) Fisk in 1771 at Redlingfield shows his parents please.

Sorry, no baptism for Jonathan FISK in Redlingfield 1765-1775.
              Glen

Comment

Originally posted by Oakum Picker View Post
                Marriages for 1705-1712 were missing from the film as were baptisms 1707-1712. There was a seperate list titled: The names of such Dissenters children baptised to the order of the C of E are said by them to be baptised as below.
                SALTER Simon s. Thomas/Judith 3/12/1710

So it appears they were Non-Con if you don't already know.

Lowestoft doesn't hold Gt Yarmouth records but as you've already checked those it wouldn't have helped. Obviously there was nothing in the Lowestoft PRs as Banns weren't kept until 1754.

I have Farrow's parents marriage if you don't already have it.
                Yes, thanks, I do already know they were non-conformists; it's caused me quite a few headaches! And thanks very much but I do already have Farrow's parents' marriage, it was just Farrow's I was hoping for. I'm beginning to come to the conclusion that the records I still need for this family don't exist! Thanks very much indeed for taking the time to look them up for me, Glen; I hope you managed to find all the stuff you were looking up for yourself.
                KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Could you please check Leiston baptisms for me for John Button bc 1796
                  Only one: BUTTON Jonathan s. James/Ann (late COOPER) 27/5/1798

and, if it's not too much trouble and you have time, confirm a marriage - it's on the IGI:
                  Reydon Suffolk, 10 April 1821 - John Button to Mary Word (or Ward?)

BUTTON John B otp WORD Mary S otp Banns 10/4/1821 Wit:William BUTTON Elizabeth WILSON. All parties made their mark.

Can't confirm that this is the same man.
                  Last edited by Oakum Picker; 26-03-09, 08:35.
                  Glen

Comment

If you have time I would really appreciate it if you could check out this burial and see if there are any further details in the register:

James GRAY Aged 39, Date 10 Feb 1846 Place Uggeshall St Mary

That's all you get I'm afraid except that the service was performed by what looks like J O LERNAN, Rector of Brampton, Diocese of Norwich. All those before & after were done by the local rector.
                    Glen

Comment

Would it be possible for you to look for a baptism for Mary Collins in Tattingstone around 1822?

Sorry, no COLLINS in Tattingstone 1815-1835.
                      Glen

Comment

could you look for the bap of elizabeth dove, in 1811, in eye, suffolk please?

DOVE Elizabeth d. James/Hannah 27/8/1811
                        Glen

Comment

I would be extremely grateful for any info on my Aunt EMMA SPINK.
                          She was a 61 year old spinster who is alledged (inquest) to have committed suicide by walking into the River Gipping at the Yarmouth Road Bridge, Ipswich.
                          She died Friday 26 Nov 1938, inquest held 28 Nov.
                          I do not know if any records will be available but am eager to learn her secret.

PM me your email & I'll send you the report from the EADT.
                          Glen

Comment

Thank you Glen... much appreciated!
                            Jenny

Comment

thank you so much glen!!

Comment

Thank you Glen

I think the name could be Wroots as there are loads of them around there. Also his wifes Mother was a Wroots from the same village

Thanks again

Lin
                                Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

pm sent Glen, I am EXCITED :D

Thank you VERY much! :D
                                  Bridget

Comment

Thank you for looking Glen.

Jane

Comment

Boosting this in case some haven't seen my replies.
                                      Glen

Comment

Originally posted by Oakum Picker View Post
                                        Boosting this in case some haven't seen my replies.
                                        I hadn't Glen, lol!! :D

Thank you everso much re the info on William Jones' burial, the obituary & the bits about the ship "Heart of Oak". It's wonderful & thank you for taking the time & trouble to look. I hope your own searches were successful!

My poor 4 x great grandma was left with 11 children to bring up! She must have been made of pretty stern stuff as she was the schoolmistress in Yoxford, lol!

:D

Joanie

Comment

Working...
                                        X