old papers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old papers

could anybody tell me what the name of the local newspaper would have been in worcester in 1885/86 as it may well be the only way i sall find my grandfathers resting place.i cannot find anything about non conformist burials in worcester for that time.all i know is that when he passed away he was at home at 4 albert terrace fort royal hill worcester.
    many thanks
    steven jacklin

Hi Steven

Try this link:

Integrated Catalogue - Basic Search

and type in Worcester. You can sort the list by date, to find what you want.

NB, THEY WARN YOU NOT TO USE THE BACK BUTTON ON YOUR BROWSER. Don't know why!
    Phoenix - with charred feathers
    Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Did you try Worcester City Council for the cemeteries?

Comment

I've just had a slightly surreal experience.

I had understood that my current membership should allow me access, at least until it runs out at the end of April, but it doesn't at the moment. I thought I'd follow up the link to "How do I cancel my subscription?"...
        and found myself here:
        Permission Denied
        This answer is no longer available.

Christine
        Last edited by Christine in Herts; 25-03-09, 20:54.
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

online newspapers

Hello Steven

if you go to Welcome - Family Tree Forum tap in online reference books and newspapers on search ,you can then access newspapers from 1795 onwards by putting in your library membership number.

I have joined the Lancashire Library online to search these services.

home
          click libraries
          left hand side click online reference library
          scroll down to F A Q right hand side click how can i become a member
          opens new window join online give you a number to start searching when you have filled in form.
          Go back to online reference library page scroll down to bottom of page and you will see the newspaper collection clicking on 1 of these opens a new window put your pass number in and away you go.

Warning be prepared to lose hours even days, very easy to get side tracked on there

Comment

Working...
          X