Conquest Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conquest Family

Hi It is the first time I have been on this site so I hope I am putting this message in the right place. I have been trying to find out about the Conquest family from the Chelsea area of London.
    My grandmother Rosina born about 1896 married Ernest Stratford
    Her parents were
    Charles born about 1871 and Rosannah Hadley
    Her brothers were
    Percy born about 1886
    Charles born about 1894
    Ernest born about 1900
    Her grandparents were
    James born about 1871 and Martha I don't know her maiden name.
    If anyone can help me with any information how ever small on this family I would really appreciate it. Thank You.
    Kind Regards
    Maryrose

You probably have this already, but Rosina M Conquest's marriage to Ernest H Stratford was Jul-Sep 1927 in Willesden district, GRO reference numbers vol 3a page 743.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

So she must be Rosina Martha Conquest whose birth was registered Oct-Dec 1896 at Chelsea, vol 1a p 391.
      KiteRunner

Comment

Percy is probably Percy Henry Conquest, birth reg. Apr-Jun 1885 Chelsea, vol 1a p 387.
        There are two possible marriages listed for him Jul-Sep 1916, one to Nellie L Stokes at Paddington, and one to Edith M Hughes at Steyning. It doesn't give the full middle name on that index, just initial H so I'm not sure which, if either, is him. If he served in WW1 then we might be able to find his military records...
        KiteRunner

Comment

Thank you for that KiteRunner I did know about my grandparents but not about Percy.
          Thank you again

Comment

... no luck with that, sorry.

Charles jr is shown as aged 3 on the 1901 census, i.e. younger than Rosina, so I think he is probably Charles Edgar Conquest birth registered Oct-Dec 1897 Chelsea (vol 1a p387) There is a big gap between Percy and Rosina, I wonder what is the reason? I've not got the full 1901 listing up yet but as Ernest is shown as 1 year old, born Paddington, on that census, perhaps he is Ernest Henry Conquest whose birth was registered Jan-Mar 1900 Paddington vol 1a p 10.
            KiteRunner

Comment

Aha, I've got the full 1901 census listing up now, and Percy was Rosina's uncle, not her brother! It says he is Charles senior's brother on there.
              KiteRunner

Comment

Thank you KitRunner I thought there was a big age gap.

Comment

Rosina's parents' marriage was Oct-Dec 1895, Charles Albert Conquest and Roseannah Hadley, Paddington, vol 1a page 105.
                  KiteRunner

Comment

Thank you for all your help Kiterunner, Sorry I have taken a while to thank you but I had to leave my computer for a while.
                    Maryrose

Comment

Working...
                    X