This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am asking a dumb question re AVG

I have AVG-free Version 8.5. I have programmed it to do a daily virus scan at 12 noon every day. Now, the dumb question is do I need to have the pc switched on and running for this daily scan to take place at 12 noon each day please?
    Stella passed away December 2014

Yes you do Stella.
    I wouldn't worry too much if you miss out a day here or there - the one good thing about AVG is that it automatically connects to the internet when you turn your machine on to see if there are any updates. As long as the updates are "up to date" then you shouldn't have to worry too much.
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine. I did wonder 'cos it didn't scan today and I didn't have the pc switched on. Cheers.

Comment

There seems to be a problem with today's update - it won't work for me either, even if I try to do it manually.

I get the message "The update control file is missing", and it appears to be an AVG problem:

AVG Free Forum :: AVG 8.0 Free Edition :: The update control file is missing

Comment

Hi, I've just updated now and it is working fine. Give it another try.
          Neil

Comment

I've just updated too.

Comment

Yes, it's working for me now, too.

Comment

Hi Stella,

Now, the dumb question is do I need to have the pc switched on and running for this daily scan to take place at 12 noon each day please?
                This made my day, I hear this stuff all the time from people and it cracks me up.

Comment

:D:D Brian! I can't help it - I'm a dumbo, remember.:D

Comment

Working...
                  X