LMA Release on Ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LMA Release on Ancestry

I had an email today from Ancestry - this may have been posted elsewhere but it is an answer to my question to them via email a month if not more ago.

"We will be releasing the LMA in batches. The first batch will be released the 26th of this month. This will include Births and Baptisms, 52,211 records, Deaths and Burials, 146,400 records along with Workhouses."

It doesn't say what ones though!

Thanks for that, Maggie. I'll make sure to get all my shopping done tomorrow! Mind you, "the 26th" will probably turn out to be late at night for us in the UK, won't it?
    Hmmm, those numbers don't look very big, do they? I wonder if it's kind of a trial release.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Regarding the numbers, I thought that too. But perhaps they are worried about the site handling the search traffic at first. They may have more records transcribed but are holding back a bit If it only has to search that amount its manageable with all the other traffic on their website. Also they might be worried about functionality.

Edit to say: I just realised the 26th is Thursday the day after tomorrow. No idea about what timezone they release stuff in.
      Last edited by Guest; 24-03-09, 20:44.

Comment

my library has free access to ancestry so I wonder if this will be a part of that. As I understand it they have access to all their records.

Comment

I can't wait, this is more exciting for me than the 1911 Census:D But I'm bound to be disappointed when the Parishes they start with are not the ones I'm interested in:( However, like Kite, I'm keeping Thursday free just in case;)

Gloryer - the Ancestry Library Edition is basically the same as the Worldwide membership so you should be able to access the new records at you local library
          Sue

Comment

I believe that the records will only be available through the premium membership if accessed through the .uk site. World membership if accessed through the .ca site

Last edited by Keptin Thedark; 24-03-09, 21:03.

Comment

Okay. What about those people who renewed through the Australian site? It really isn't clear.

Comment

Well we all know whats going to happen on Thursday then............the site will crash because of too many hits.........Ancestry isn`t very efficient at the best of times, if we all send it in to overload it`ll be at snails pace...lol

Personally though this is great for me......hopefully make some more headway with the London rellies.

Nicky

Comment

Originally posted by maggie_4_7 View Post
                  Okay. What about those people who renewed through the Australian site? It really isn't clear.
                  see this post

Re: Ancestry and the LMA records for Australian's

Comment

Originally posted by nickyinsunnysussex View Post
                    Well we all know whats going to happen on Thursday then............the site will crash because of too many hits.........Ancestry isn`t very efficient at the best of times, if we all send it in to overload it`ll be at snails pace...lol

Personally though this is great for me......hopefully make some more headway with the London rellies.

Nicky
                    :D

I suppose it depends in which timezone they regard the 26th to start if its Australian time it'll happen 12 hours before the UK. I think I might send them an email and say can you release the LMA records like a Mexican wave across the world to stop disappointment...

;)

Comment

Damn I'm on holiday in Devon until Sunday :(

I want to enjoy my break away not be willing it to be over so I can look up my family tree. hmmm
                      Hail Spode!

Comment

I shall have to wait until Monday.

Comment

Hey they are on right now! - they have just appeared in the last hour or so! Off to have a look now

Comment

Oh I have to go to work!

Comment

London, England, Poor Law Records, 1840-1938
                              London, England, Births and Baptisms, 1834-1906
                              London, England, Deaths and Burials, 1834-1934

For those of us with Australian subs seem to need Worldwide membership
                              Robert

Comment

Oh rats - it's asking for a subscription upgrade in order to view the results. I already have UK Premium :( Hopefully they are still sorting it out...

Comment

Well I hope they haven't quite got it sorted because I cannot see them with my UK Premium membership. :(
                                  Elaine

Comment

Well I have that membership and I can see them and view images.

Comment

Well it covers an area that I am interested in Wandsworth/Lambeth, but is not available on my subscription :( there is no way I can afford to upgrade either :(
                                      Lynn

Comment

I have UK membership, so why can't I have access?? :( :(

I hope this is a technical glitch... :( :(

Comment

Working...
                                        X