Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry lookup please

Hi
    Would some kind person look up a Henry Mortimore b:1877 Attestation papers and/or medal card. He looks to be in Woolwich in 1911 - his wife Elizabeth b1874 and daughter Ethel b: 1896 in India are in Woolwich too but they appear in Military and he in a Household! If it helps Elizabeth was married before and was, Ford nee Mears, they married in 1904. I don't see him in 1901 so I'm not sure where he's from. He married as Henry Charles but the only one on BMD is in 1882!

I though his attestations papers would clarify if there are any.

;)

Oh I've just thought, they are not on Ancestry anymore are they? I have the Australian version and it's not on there.
    Buttercup

You can search the military records here: Search Military Records - Ancestry.com.au

You should have access - I do.
    Tracy

Comment

I cannot see any WW1 ARmy Service/Pension records for him on Ancestry.
      Elaine

Comment

If he was a career soldier then he may have still been in the army after 1922 in which case his papers would still be with the M o D, or if not then his service papers could be among the many that were destroyed, though of course that wouldn't account for his medal card not being on ancestry. But perhaps he didn't serve overseas in WW1 - if he was in the army but not posted abroad then he wouldn't have a medal index card.
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Oh, there are a few Henry Mortimore medal cards on ancestry, sorry, I thought someone had looked already.

Devonshire Regt - Pte 17795
          Devonshire Regt - Pte L(?)01351, Wilts Regt L(?)09192
          Rifle Brigade - Cpl B2827, killed in action
          Rifle Brigade - Pte S7289
          Army Service Corps - Pte RX4/233630.
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Originally posted by Orangeblossom View Post
            You can search the military records here: Search Military Records - Ancestry.com.au

You should have access - I do.

Thanks Orange Blossom, that does work, I'm not sure why I don't seem to have it, I'll away to search again :o
            Buttercup

Comment

Thank you Elaine and Kite Runner, I'm off to check again
              Buttercup

Comment

Working...
              X