CENSUS LOOKUP PLEASE to find births

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CENSUS LOOKUP PLEASE to find births

I would appreciate it if someone can look up Thomas Crossley bc 1765 and Esther Crossley bc 1770 on the 41 , don't think they will be around for the 51.

The birth dates are a guess only as all I have for these two are two children bc 1795 and 1800 Unsworth Lancashire. I would think they also came from lancashire around the Prestwich area, but can't find a marriage for them.

Any help much appreciated,

regards

treesa

Ages on the 1841 census are rounded down, so are unlikely to be accurate :o
    I will have a look for you though

No Thomas in the Prestwich area. There is an Esther, but looks like she is married to Robert.
    Given their ages, they may have died before the census.
    Last edited by Orangeblossom; 24-03-09, 14:16.
    Tracy

Comment

That's great, as I said birth year very approximate, but if they are both together

Comment

Theres an Esther aged "65" born in county, address 34 Upper Brook Street Chorlton upon Medlock.
        Lesley passed away in November 2017.

Comment

You would perhaps be better off looking for burials.

Burial registers mostly give the age at death.

Death indexes until 1866 don't list the age at death although the age is on the actual cert, from Sept qtr 1837 of course.

Comment

Thanks very much Lesley, is she with anyone?

Margaret - do you know if there are any other sites that have burials for Lancashire other than lan-opc.org.uk/ ?

Comment

Esther is listed as Independent. There is a Margaret Roberts with her, servant. Her age is transcribed as 65 but looking at the image it looks more like 15 to me. She was not born in county.
              Lesley passed away in November 2017.

Comment

Treesa

I would think you are better looking at the burial register for the place you believe they died.

That will either be at the Lancashire County Record Office, or you can visit your local LDS family history centre and hire the film of the registers for a very small fee.

I'm afraid only a very small portion of what is available in archives is online at the moment.

Comment

Thanks very much for all your help, much appreciated.

treesa

Comment

Working...
                  X